We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Peak 2 Peak Gondola Advice

Which Whistler hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
here
Peak 2 Peak Gondola Advice

So am I to understand that Peak 2 Peak Gondola is where we buy a ticket and that ticket covers the lift to go up from Whistler village to the top of Whistler Mountain. Then that ticket will also cover the gondola from Whistler to Blackbomb and back. Then also back down to Whistler village?

Winnipeg, Canada
reviews: 20
1. Re: Peak 2 Peak Gondola Advice

Yes, exactly. You can ride back and forth on the Peak to Peak as many times as you wish. One of the cars has a glass "bottom". There are weekend bar-b-ques up on the mountain and Christine's Restaurant that you might want to check out.

Also a great start for some alpine hiking. Bring your camera.

I know it's a just a typo, but calling Blackcomb, Blackbomb is inspired! :)

Niagara
reviews: 22
2. Re: Peak 2 Peak Gondola Advice

It appears that you can buy a Summer lift tickets at both the Whistler base and the Blackcomb base. You then take the Gondola up from Whistler or Blackcomb. The Peak 2 Peak connects them at the top.

See map at

…intrawest.com/whistler/…p2p_alpinead_map.jpg

Vancouver
reviews: 53
3. Re: Peak 2 Peak Gondola Advice

That is right, you have to buy the ticket at the base areas as the peak 2 peak is at the top.

Vancouver
reviews: 53
4. Re: Peak 2 Peak Gondola Advice

Also you might be able to save a dollar or two through buying your tickets on the internet before you go.

Winnipeg, Canada
5. Re: Peak 2 Peak Gondola Advice

I would wait till I was onsite to buy tickets. Your enjoyment can be quite weather dependant. It's not uncommon to have a day where the top of the mountain clouds over and isn't visible both ways. When you get to Whistler, some of the local tourism literature sometimes have small discount coupons.

UK
reviews: 4
6. Re: Peak 2 Peak Gondola Advice

We recently stayed at the pan pacific mountainside and the reception desk sold tickets at a 5% discount. Easy to just put them on the room tab.

Whistler, Canada
Destination Expert
for Whistler
reviews: 24
7. Re: Peak 2 Peak Gondola Advice

if you can get your hands on an Entertainment book, there's a coupon for buy one, get 50% off the second. If you're going before Nov. 1st, you can get 2009 books at a discount.

Miami, Florida
reviews: 331
8. Re: Peak 2 Peak Gondola Advice

Bumblebee is correct. We went on the Whistler Gondola on Sept 8. I used the Vancouver entertainment book, the total for 2 tickets was $66.00 incl tax.

Here's our review of the day:

We parked free across the street in the long term lot. Bought lift tickets for Whistler (Blackcomb lift is not yet running). The BBQ on top ended on Sept. 6.

Upon reaching the top of Whistler Peak, we had to choose between the Whistler summit lift or Peak 2 Peak. We chose the latter. Note the Whistler Peak lift ends at 4PM.

We were happy with our choice. Upon reaching Blackcomb Mtn., we checked out The Rendezvous, a smaller restaurant that the Roundhouse at Whistler.

We proceeded to take about a 2 hour r/t hike to Blackcomb Lake. You can hike about an hour more each way on a good trail, with good maps, but the part we took was a very good trail and puts you pretty close to the glaciers.

By the way, there was no fresh (or any) snow on Sept. 8.

At the Rendezvous, burgers weren't available, but pizza was. We settled for an excellent soup (broccoli cheddar).

We returned to Whistler Peak in the glass bottom gondola, that entailed about 15 minutes extra wait. We arrived at 4:05, too late for the last lift to Whistler Peak. So we took Peak 2 Peak one more time for fun, gliding high over the valley between the 2 peaks.

At around 5PM, we took the gondola down to Whistler Village and were pleased to see 3 bears below (I think black bears) foraging for berries.

All in all, it was a great day, well worth the price of ascending.

Winnipeg, Canada
9. Re: Peak 2 Peak Gondola Advice

Awesome josh. Thanks for taking the time to report back on your experience.

Where did you snag a Vancouver Entertainment Book?

here
10. Re: Peak 2 Peak Gondola Advice

A couple of questions.

1. I don't see a coupon for Peak to Peak. All I see is a sightseeing coupon. Is that the one?

2. When you get up to the top of Whistler, there are 2 options? Peak 2 Peak and another Whistler gondola? Can anyone give more info as to which goes to where? Still a bit lost here.

Thanks again for all your input!