We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Undersea Gardens in Victoria

Which Victoria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Medina, WA
reviews: 11
Undersea Gardens in Victoria

Has anyone visited the Undersea Gardens? Wanted to know if it is worth a visit with children and/or is this just another tourist trap?

Fremont, CA
reviews: 2
1. Re: Undersea Gardens in Victoria

I was told by taxi driver that picked me up at sea plane that it was a rip off so didn't go. You might check with hotel when you get there or hopefully someone from Victoria will know more.

Comox, Canada
reviews: 74
2. Re: Undersea Gardens in Victoria

It all depends on the age of your children. If they are under the age of 10, it is probably worth it. There is a scuba show, seals and lots of windows where you look at different sea life. There is also a fairly large hands-on area where kids can literally get their hands wet. However, this is not a fancy aquarium like you would get at SeaWorld or even the aquarium in Seattle. It is smaller than Seattle's. If you've been to the Seattle aquarium (we've been to both) I wouldn't bother. It certainly isn't worth it if your children are teens. They'd be bored.

Fremont, CA
3. Re: Undersea Gardens in Victoria

I didn't think it was anything like and aquarium from what I heard. It looked like it was almost bankrupt. In fact I think it was at one time but I would check with hotel when i get there and they are usually really good about steering you right.

Victoria, B.C.
4. Re: Undersea Gardens in Victoria

Hi Joann

As a Victoria resident, who can go there any time I want.... I avoid it. It is definitely NOT worth the money.

Salt Spring Island...
5. Re: Undersea Gardens in Victoria

Waste of time and $$$. Can't believe that attraction is still around; it has been there for over 20 years. Define tourist trap.

Medina, WA
reviews: 11
6. Re: Undersea Gardens in Victoria

I am sure everyone will have there interpretation of "tourist trap", however, my definition is simply an attraction that looks interesting and fun, is usually expensive and then turns out to be a big waste of time and money. I have limited time in Victoria and would like to avoid such places and really appreciate the advise travelers share on this forum.