We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

do my itinerary and logistics work?

Which Victoria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Raleigh, North...
reviews: 2
do my itinerary and logistics work?

We're planning a vacation with Seattle, the San Juan Islands, Victoria, and Olympic National Park, this July. How does this sound?

Flying in to Seattle. Don't rent a car. The next morning, take the Victoria Clipper passenger ferry to the San Juan Islands. Stay 1-2 nights there [with a whale watch]. Take the Washington Ferry to Victoria. Spend 2-3 nights. Take the ferries in reverse to get back to Seattle [this is the part that seems kind of nuts, but the Victoria Clipper round trip is more reasonable than two one way trips.] A few days in Seattle, pick up a car, and then do Olympic National Park.

1. Re: do my itinerary and logistics work?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 1:23 am, February 09, 2014
2. Re: do my itinerary and logistics work?

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Penticton, Canada
reviews: 5
3. Re: do my itinerary and logistics work?

HI

I can see the Clipper sailing between Seattle and San Juan but after that for going to Victoria there is no connection info that I can find that WS ferries pick up in Friday Harbour to go to Sydney BC (Victoria) the Connection is Anacortes Wa to Sydney BC so you may have to take a ferry to Anacortes first to get on the Anacortes to Sydney BC ferry.

If you post on the Settle forum maybe somebody on that forum can confirm.

the Seattle-Victoria route on the Clipper lands in the Inner Harbour in Victoria. The ferry in Sydney is quite a ways from the things to see in Victoria. …wa.gov/ferries/…

4. Re: do my itinerary and logistics work?

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 53
5. Re: do my itinerary and logistics work?

Ok, for starters - Yes, the Clipper does go to the SJI, and yes, you can get on the WSDOT ferry in Friday Harbour and continue on to Sidney on Vancouver Island. Sidney is served by public transit for the ride into Victoria. Overall though, it does seem like a cumbersome itinerary and I'm tempted to play with it to see if you can come up with something a little more workable.

Have you looked at doing a one-way car rental from Port Angeles back to Seattle? If that would work, then what about Seattle, Clipper to Victoria, MV Coho to Port Angeles where you pick up the car, tour ONP and drive across to Anacortes to visit SJI, then drive back to Seattle.

I suspect that the SJI are going to be difficult without a car, so that's the first consideration. I would ask about that part of your plan on the WA forum. In fact, most of this trip takes place in WA, so I would ask for specifics there. Note that you can do whale watching - to see the same whales in the same area - from Victoria, so if that is your main appeal for visiting the SJI, perhaps you can eliminate it from your plan and just tour Whidbey Island with your car on the way back to Seattle.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
reviews: 54
6. Re: do my itinerary and logistics work?

I have completely missed the Clipper service to SJI. So I will remove my posts 1, 2 and 4 as they are irrelevant at this point. Thanks V67 for coming on this thread.

Edited: 1:24 am, February 09, 2014
7. Re: do my itinerary and logistics work?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 11, 2015