We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luggage storage in Victoria?

Which Victoria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City
reviews: 42
Luggage storage in Victoria?

Hi All,

My husband and I are planning a day trip from Seattle to Victoria the second week of September traveling via Victoria Clipper. From Victoria, we would take the Pacific Coach Line to Vancouver. Since we are not staying overnight in Victoria, are there places to pay to store our luggage while sightseeing in Victoria? If not, any suggestions?

Also, how does the Custom's process work when arriving in Victoria via ferry? Approximately how long will we be in Customs for?

Thank you.

6 replies to this topic
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
reviews: 37
1. Re: Luggage storage in Victoria?

I know this question has come up a couple of times before on the Vic Forum. No there really isn't anywhere to store your luggage while you visit. PCL use the owned and operated Greyhound bus depot, no luggage storage there. No early check in of luggage ahead of your coach departure.

Where are you staying in Vancouver? You might ask them to arrange with their Victoria hotel counterpart to store your luggage for you while you visit Victoria.

Canada Customs is done right at the Clipper dock. It's usually pretty laid back for the average traveller and I would imagine it would take max 20 minutes, depending on how full the ship is. A weekday would be less busy than a Friday - Sunday.

Vancouver, Canada
2. Re: Luggage storage in Victoria?

Alternative might be to check with the hotels for a "day room".

New York City
3. Re: Luggage storage in Victoria?

Thank you MuftiMixandMatch and Vancouverite67 for your suggestions. We will be staying at the Westin Grand in Vancouver so I will inquire of any sister properties in Victoria.

If not, any recommendations for a nice, quaint, clean, service oriented and centrally located hotel in Victoria with a price point no more than $200/night?

Thanks again.

SE Ontario
reviews: 7
4. Re: Luggage storage in Victoria?

Unfortunately the only Starwood hotels located in Victoria are well outside of the city core, so finding a convenient sister property to the Westin won't work.

I don't understand your second query - are you now planning to stay overnight in Victoria? If so, take a look at the Victoria hotel section - lots of reasonably priced properties in the downtown/inner harbor area... take a look at the Laurel Point. For "quaint" you'd be best to look at the B&B section.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
5. Re: Luggage storage in Victoria?

The two Westin properties in Victoria are both a 15-20 drive away from the Inner Harbour. But ask anyway. They may have some secrets up their sleeve.

I would recommend staying a night in Vic. Walking the causeway at the Inner Harbour in the evening has the water twinkling with reflected light off the nearby buildings. To match your Vancouver choice of the Grand, have a look at:

The Magnolia

The Oswego

The Hotel Grand Pacific.

For other choices, have a look at:

The Royal Scot (steps from the Clipper dock)

Best Western Inner Harbour (steps from the Clipper)

New York City
6. Re: Luggage storage in Victoria?

Thank you all for your help. It appears that we will now stay overnight in Victoria for one night.

Reply to: Luggage storage in Victoria?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted