We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with name of lodging...

Which Victoria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Galveston, Texas
reviews: 6
Help with name of lodging...

I am trying to remember the name of a small hotel/possibly a B&B that I stayed at about 20 years ago. It was in a residential neighborhood, over that small bridge that is close to downtown, and I remember that there was some type of museum across the street from it. I recall the docent talking about a fire in this museum. The lodging establishment had a wonderful Sunday brunch and a gift shop. It seems it was brick sided, and just one story, but large, like a huge house or very small boutique hotel. Can anyone help? I just loved the place and would like to return.

Blind Bay, BC
1. Re: Help with name of lodging...

There are at least 110 B&B's in Victoria.. Here are a couple of listings to go through :

tripadvisor.ca/Hotels-g154945-c2-Victoria_Vi…

bbcanada.com/british_columbia/…victoria

Galveston, Texas
2. Re: Help with name of lodging...

Thank you for your reply. However, the reason for posting here versus spending hours looking through directories was in the hopes that someone might know the area well enough to know of one that has a museum that had a fire directly across the street.

Victoria, Canada
reviews: 2
3. Re: Help with name of lodging...

there are a couple of bridges that connect from downtown...was it a big blue draw bridge or an uncovered one? Both bridges would drop you into an area called Vic West.

Galveston, Texas
4. Re: Help with name of lodging...

Thank you for your reply. I believe it was a draw bridge.

Victoria, BC Canada
Destination Expert
for Victoria
reviews: 13
5. Re: Help with name of lodging...

Could it be the Old English Inn? I don't know if there is a museum around there but it's in a residential neighborhood.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
reviews: 54
6. Re: Help with name of lodging...

I was thinking of the now defunct Old English Inn as well in the Esquimalt area. Anne Hathaway's Cottage was on the property.

http://www.englishinn.ca/our-history.html

route map: http://goo.gl/maps/Egst6

Amsterdam, The...
7. Re: Help with name of lodging...

20 years is a long time. It might be a Starbucks by now. :-(

Edited: 9:54 pm, July 21, 2013
Galveston, Texas
8. Re: Help with name of lodging...

Thanks y'all! It was the Old English Inn - I can tell by the outside building pictures. The inside is completely different, but yes...20 years is a long time and I would expect changes.

Thank you for all the help. Can't wait to get back to your beautiful city!

Victoria, Canada
reviews: 2
9. Re: Help with name of lodging...

the old English Inn is still a hotel, but the grounds have been let go just terribly. Some rooms are modern but they also have some of the classic old rooms with the big beds and fireplaces. The cottage that was on site was sold and moved off the property.

It also has a new name... Rosemeade

Edited: 11:14 am, July 22, 2013
10. Re: Help with name of lodging...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 24, 2014