We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Victoria Trip Report

Which Victoria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chorley, United...
reviews: 43
Victoria Trip Report

I've finally finished my photos so thought I'd write a quick trip report of my two day visit to Victoria.

We took the bus, ferry then bus from Metrotown in Vancouver. All very easy and much cheaper than paying a coach company all the way. We arrived at Midday without much of a plan.

We ate our dinner in the gardens in front of the Government Buildings before going in and did a guided tour. The lady was very informative and there was enough time for pictures. I like how you can go inside these types of buildings in Canada.

When we left it was pouring down so we decided to go into the Royal BC Museum. I liked the First People's exhibition and the Modern Histories gallery (especially having a sit down in the cinema to watch Charlie Chaplin!). The natural history section is similar to every other museum so we wizzed through this bit really. We didn't choose to watch an imax film but still managed to spend over three hours in the place.

After checking in our hotel we went in search of food. We come across Pink Bicycle which is a small burger place on Blanchard Street. The food was good, the staff were really friendly and told us some tips for the evening and it wasn't too expensive. I'd recommend a visit if you are going. In the evening we went to the Swans Hotel which we really liked. We listened to the house band and we tried all 9 of their craft beers (why not?) and all were nice apart from the berry one! The plan was to go onto somewhere else after Swans, but it was 1am by the time we left!

They day after we went on a self-guided wander of the city as it was a lovely day. We walked through China Town and then up to Craigdorroch Castle. Next we made our way back down to Beacon Hill, where we saw the petting zoo and had some lunch before going down to the water. We walked along the rocks (walking shoes are recommended but I just had my normal trainers) for a while and had a rest on the pebble beach.

We got some food from a drive through diner before making our way back towards the harbour. We had a final walk across the bridge to see some of the Seaplanes set off before going home to Vancouver.

Had a lovely couple of days, met some nice folk especially in Swans Hotel. Hopefully will return next time I go and visit my friend.

Photos are here: http://flic.kr/s/aHsjGtosAs

Sechelt, BC
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast
1. Re: Victoria Trip Report

Victoria is one of my fav places and the museum is always a place I visit when there. Your photos are fantastic. I enjoyed all of them - especially the Legislature Bldg and the museum photos. The Heron catching tea and eating tea has never been described in a more British way. Made me smile.

Thanks for taking the time to write your report and share your photos with us.

Victoria, Canada
reviews: 46
2. Re: Victoria Trip Report

What lovely photos you took, glad you enjoyed your visit, you wrote a nice trip report.

3. Re: Victoria Trip Report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, July 19, 2014