We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hatley Castle from Cruise Pier

Which Victoria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Orlando, FL
reviews: 8
Hatley Castle from Cruise Pier

Hi-

We will be stopping in Victoria as one our cruise ports. My husband and I would like to visit Hatley Castle. What is the best way to get to Hatley Castle from the pier?

Thanks,

Vanessa

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 53
1. Re: Hatley Castle from Cruise Pier

Now, that's an unusual one! It would be a pretty expensive cab ride as it is out in Colwood. I will let the local public transportation experts chime in.

None of my business....but why is it of interest to you? There is an interesting history, but now it is essentilally the administrative offices of the University.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
reviews: 54
2. Re: Hatley Castle from Cruise Pier

It depends on what day you will be in port and what the hours are that you will be in port.

Hatley is open until 7 pm. It will take you an hour by bus to get there. A cab would cost about $50 one way.

Victoria, Canada
reviews: 1
3. Re: Hatley Castle from Cruise Pier

The movie X-Men 2 did some filming at Hatley Castle. At the time, I worked with a woman who was such a Hugh Jackman fan that she took some time off work just to go hang around the Castle to hope to get a glimpse of the actor.

Anyway, whatever your reasons for wanting to see it, here's the info from BC Transit on how to get there. As mentioned, it will take awhile to get from the terminal to the Castle by bus with all the transfers. Exit the cruise terminal and find the nearest bus stop. When you get on the bus, ask for a transfer and let the driver know you want to transfer to the #50 bus and ask him to let you off at a stop where you can catch it.. Fare is $2.50 per person, each way, exact fare only. The transfer you get on the first bus is good for the other two buses to the Castle.

Hatley Castle at Sooke Road & Aldeane.

Hatley Park is Canada's largest and most diverse National Historic Site. At the centre is a magnificent castle built in 1908 by former British Columbia Premier and coal baron, James Dunsmuir. This 565-acre Edwardian estate is just 25 minutes from downtown Victoria. Open year round, visitors will enjoy daily tours of Hatley Castle, a visit to the museum, or strolling through the Japanese, Italian and Rose gardens.

Details at www.hatleypark.ca or call 250-391-2666.

Take the #50 to Western Exchange and transfer to the #39 , #51, #52 or #61. Take one of these buses to Sooke Rd. at Aldeane and it's a short walk west to Hatley Castle. Alternatively, the route #61 leaves from downtown a few times a day and can be taken directly there. Ask a driver for a transfer when you board the bus in either direction

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
reviews: 54
4. Re: Hatley Castle from Cruise Pier

http://goo.gl/maps/u1XsI

Open the above link to see the choices of bus routes. They are listed in the left side bar. I've chosen a random day in July and about mid day. If you are planning to do this on a Sunday, bus service will be much reduced.

Orlando, FL
reviews: 8
5. Re: Hatley Castle from Cruise Pier

Datthecoast- Other than the beautiful grounds, my husband is a huge Xmen fan. I think he'd get a kick of going.

Mufti- we will be in port on Saturday, Sept 14 from 8-5. Thanks for the link w/ the bus routes.

Luckyll- thanks for the info.

6. Re: Hatley Castle from Cruise Pier

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, July 11, 2014