We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Victoria - without a car

Which Victoria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mumbai (Bombay...
reviews: 11
Victoria - without a car

My husband and I plan on visiting Victoria mid August from Calgary.

Since we will be flying, we most likely would like to stay away from driving around and take public transportation.

How convenient is the transit system in Victoria? Would we be able to manage without a vehicle?

On average, how many days should we consider spending in Victoria, before we visit neighbouring places.

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 52
1. Re: Victoria - without a car

If you want to take your time and poke around Victoria....and see most of the sites....plan for 3 days. And you can do all that on public transportation.

After that....rent a car and go further afield.

Edited: 8:57 pm, June 12, 2013
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
reviews: 52
2. Re: Victoria - without a car

+1 for what d said.

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 20
3. Re: Victoria - without a car

I agree. I did a three day trip to Victoria a few years back and it was just right. (Well, I could have used one more day, but that's because I spent so much time in Victoria's many used bookstores!) I stayed at a hotel downtown and had no problem walking to everything I wanted to see. (Didn't make it to Butchart, though).

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 28
4. Re: Victoria - without a car

Transit even has double decker buses.

…staticflickr.com/4131/5079181879_ce758ce936…

5. Re: Victoria - without a car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, June 16, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Victoria