We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which hotel in harbour area

Which Victoria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
in canada
reviews: 4
which hotel in harbour area

Hi we will be spending one night in Victoria on our way to a wedding and wonder which hotel that is close to the harbour front, walking distance to most historical sites like parliment etc..

we will have a rental car with us, so will leave it parked until we need it next day.

any suggestions..

I have looked at bidding on hotwire but a few of the 4 stars are not at the harbour and my luck would be to get those by the airport..

thanks again, windy

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
reviews: 38
1. Re: which hotel in harbour area

Hi windy ~

Rather than rattling off the names of a dozen hotels, without knowing your budget range or when you are coming, have a look at the following map. The red balloon and dots are hotels and the map is set for the Inne Harbour area. The Victoria Regent is a consideration and you will see a small dot for it, with the name printed into the water. You could then sort out which ones appeal to you.

http://goo.gl/maps/MIahY

Penticton, Canada
reviews: 5
2. Re: which hotel in harbour area

hi

look on Quebec Street there is a Day Inn, then Best Western Plus and Royal Scott across the street .

and if you want to splurge you get Hotel Grand Pacific.

Days Inn has a pub; dining room and beer store and surface parking

BW has breakfast only which is included and underground parking $8.00 also has kitchenette

Royal Scott has dining room. not seen the rooms

Parliament buildings at the end of the street.

in canada
3. Re: which hotel in harbour area

wow you guys are fast, just looking at the ones you have suggested..BW Plus is usually where we try so i will look at those as well..

Is this downtown area large in mileage for walking?

thanks again

SE Ontario
reviews: 7
4. Re: which hotel in harbour area

Downtown Victoria is very small and walkable.

I usually stay at Harbour Towers ... it's also on Quebec Street ... I like it better than the BW. Royal Scot and Victoria Regent also good options.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
5. Re: which hotel in harbour area

If BW is the type of hotel you are thinking, I have stayed at the BW Inner Harbour and would recommend it. The rooms have a small alcove off the corner of the room, doesn't take away from the room itself, with a small table. It's on a treed, residential street. I have stayed on the 7th top floor on the harbour side and at night the lights all around the harbour were pretty attractive. There is another BW I believe, but IMO it is not as appealing location wise as the BW Inner Harbour. I've stayed at the Harbour Towers as well and found that nice. Had a room on one of the higher floors with a full view of the Strait of Juan de Fuca and the Olympic Mountains. That was nice.

I've also stayed at a similar class of hotel, Chateau Victoria, which is on the other side of the harbour and more 'citified" but very convenient for walking everywhere. They have standard room up to about floor 5-6 and suites above that.

From the BW Inner Harbour to the Bay Centre, on the other side of the harbour, is about 1 km and about 15 minutes walking. Such a nice city to walk around in.

Dallas, Oregon
reviews: 263
6. Re: which hotel in harbour area

The Regent is IMO the location for accessing the great restaurants and shopping in downtown Victoria. Chinatown, the Empress Hotel and Royal BC Museum are all within four or five blocks of the Regent. It's located on the harbor's north tip and many of the rooms and suites offer great views of the water and all the activities going on there.

in canada
7. Re: which hotel in harbour area

Ok these are great suggestions..

Because we are only there for one night we are trying to get everything we want..lol..not alot to ask..

I like the fact that it is a walkable place and we plan on being as close to the harbour as affordable..

I am presently looking at the Chateau as well as BW..but i will look at the Towers and Regent as well

Finding really for booking purposes there is not alot of difference from booking via directly with hotel or with say Hotels.com or Travelocity..

thanks everyone

love this forum for all the great advice

in canada
8. Re: which hotel in harbour area

we booked the Tower Hotel..there was a special when i called so we are pleased and excited.

thanks for everyones help

windy

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
9. Re: which hotel in harbour area

I think you will be very happy with the location of that hotel. I know they were doing some renovations a couple of years ago, so it might be quite nice now. The trees out front, on the harbour side, are as tall as about the 6th or 7th floor of the 12. Something to keep in mind. And I see there is a new hotel manager these last two months, so she might be giving things her best shot.

Victoria, Canada
10. Re: which hotel in harbour area

Abigail's is tops for its coziness ... Magnolia Hotel for it's class and location ... Laurel Point Inn for quality and unbelievable location ... and The Empress, because it's the Empress!