We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coffee break tommorrow

Which Victoria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 46
Coffee break tommorrow

Hello Advisors! Heading to Victoria for the day tomorrow with the school. Us parents have an hour to ourselves (10 am) while the kids go into the IMAX movie, so several of us are thinking a nice coffee break. We need close and fast, so we can be back when the kids get out of the movie.

Any suggestions?

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Nanaimo, Vancouver Island
reviews: 288
1. Re: Coffee break tommorrow

Cafe in the RBC itself and there are spots to sit outside I believe (behind near the carving shed is the place I went last time.

Across the street the Empress has some beautiful gardens available to the public, next to the Conference Centre. Get a museum cafe coffee (I remember it being a nice coffee) and head over there.

At the Victoria Parkside Hotel, maybe 5 minute walk is a small cafe with outstanding food and coffee. Tres Fantastico it's called.

www.parksidevictoria.com/amenities/caffe.html

Have fun tomorrow v67!

Vancouver, Canada
2. Re: Coffee break tommorrow

Perfect Dave! Should be a nice day and this is a nice bunch of kids. They are all going to be splitting up and going to three or four different middle schools next year, so its going to be a special day with the whole group together for this last time. Thanks for the advice, that sounds perfect!

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
3. Re: Coffee break tommorrow

Tres Fantastico is just that. The food was really good. Have fun!

Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
reviews: 90
4. Re: Coffee break tommorrow

and we expect a mini trip report especially for those who want to do a day trip to Victoria ;)

Vancouver, Canada
5. Re: Coffee break tommorrow

Its going to go something like this "Up at 4:30 am, over to the school by 5:15...." Not looking forward to that part. (And you KNOW I suck with getting my trip reports done! I'm still only half way through my Rockies TR. Never got my homework finished either.... lol)

Sechelt, BC
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast
6. Re: Coffee break tommorrow

What's playing at the IMAX? (bc4me looks over her shoulder waiting for everyone to tell her to google it)

"Across the street the Empress has some beautiful gardens available to the public, next to the Conference Centre. Get a museum cafe coffee (I remember it being a nice coffee) and head over there."

that's where I would head too. Or along the inner harbour marina watching people, sipping my coffee and taking in the views. Or sitting on the lawn at the Legislature Bldg. I miss Victoria. Must be time to go for a visit.

Have fun V67.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
reviews: 54
7. Re: Coffee break tommorrow

It's going to be a fab day on the ferry tomorrow. Can't imagine a nicer place to be on a day like that.

Beavers at 10h00, Google says. Sounds about Grade 4 to me. Sounds perfect, but the teacher will sleep in until about noon on Saturday, methinks. :-) Hope you all have a great time, V67.

Vancouver, Canada
8. Re: Coffee break tommorrow

I'm pretty sure its the Migration of the Monarchs at 10 am. (Beavers was today at 10 am).

I've heard the weather is supposed to turn, but we're BC natives, right? What's a little rain?

Thanks everyone. Should be fun, if exhausting. Bed early tonight!

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
9. Re: Coffee break tommorrow

I'd love to see the Migration of the Monarchs. Amazing story.

30% chance of rain in morning. Isn't that like every day of the year?

Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
reviews: 90
10. Re: Coffee break tommorrow

Dave. You need to go to Mexico. The monarchs are quite cool. Up in the mountains outside Morelia. An amazing site. I'm sure imax will be a good presentation..fly right along with them :)