We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking with a trailer

Which Victoria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Whitmore, California
reviews: 15
Parking with a trailer

Hello,

I'm planning a trip to Victoria and will have a truck and trailer. How feasible will it be finding parking in Victoria for that rig? I don't really need to use the truck and trailer while there. Based on some other comments here, I was planning on picking up a ferry from Vancouver to Victoria, stay 3 days and then ferry it from Victoria to Port Angeles.

Thanks for any insight.

12 replies to this topic
Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 41
1. Re: Parking with a trailer

Are you looking for a campground where you drop the trailer and explore the area with your truck?

Whitmore, California
2. Re: Parking with a trailer

Not really. I have 2 motorcycles in the trailer that I'll probably go exploring on so I'll leave both truck and trailer.

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 35
3. Re: Parking with a trailer

Trying to understand your plan. You are going to pay the better part of $200 to bring your truck and trailer across to the island, and then not use it while you are there? You are going to spend three days traveling around on motorcycles and staying in hotels...or ....?

Or are you looking for an RV park near to Victoria so that you can camp, and plan to use your motorcycles to do day trips.

Honestly, if you do not plan to use your rig on the island, leave it on the mainland side and go to Port Angeles via Whitbey Island and Port Townsend. You'll save a few hundred dollars.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
reviews: 37
4. Re: Parking with a trailer

For a vehicle up to 7 feet and a combined vehicle/trailer length up to 20 feet + 2 pax, the fare will be $51.25 + 31 = $82. For one motorcycle + one rider, the fare will be $26 + $15.50 = $42.

I don't know Victoria when it comes to this kind of storage to be able to advise you, but there are hotels with outdoor parking. Day's Inn on Belleville has an open lot out back where you could take up two front to back spots. Here's what it looks like on street view:

http://goo.gl/maps/BPxuR

Victoria, Canada
reviews: 41
5. Re: Parking with a trailer

Sorry I highly doubt any downtown hotel will let you park your trailer and truck in their lot.. and what an expense it would be to pay for it anywhere downtown.,, and that's after the expense of taking it on the ferry

Be smart, leave it on mainland , there are long term lots at ferries, still cheaper then taking it on boat and then parking it here.

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 35
6. Re: Parking with a trailer

Our truck and trailer 2 or 3 years ago was around $160 one way, and fares have gone up since then. $82 is the fare for car and 2 adult passengers one way. It's going to be double with a trailer.

Even if you don't plan on using it, a campground is probably going to be the best place to put it for a few days.

Whitmore, California
7. Re: Parking with a trailer

Thanks for the advice. We are traveling the 1 through Canada so leaving it in Vancouver is not an option. I'll look into campgrounds.

Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
reviews: 67
8. Re: Parking with a trailer

the suggestion to simply park it in Tswwassen at the longterm parking and take your motorcycles on the ferry to Victoria will save you a ton of money..then you can drive down across the border and over to Port Angeles to continue your trip..

Victoria, BC Canada
Destination Expert
for Victoria
reviews: 12
9. Re: Parking with a trailer

If you are staying in a hotel, check to see if they will let you park it there.

If you want to use the trailer as your hotel, there is the Westbay Marina RV park which is the closest to downtown and you could day trip from there easily.

https://www.westbay.bc.ca/RVPark.aspx

Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver Island
reviews: 82
10. Re: Parking with a trailer

I would recommend the West Bay Marina RV park to stay in Victoria. It is very convenient. Look up bcferries website to get an idea of your total length - anything over 20' is appx $6 per foot extra.

Reply to: Parking with a trailer
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted