We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waterfront B&B

Which Victoria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Whitefish, Montana
reviews: 16
Waterfront B&B

We are planning a trip to Victoria in September to celebrate our 10th anniversary. We have never been to Victoria before, so looking for suggestions for a waterfront B&B or quaint hotel. We were not planning on renting a car, so walking distance to downtown would be helpful. Thanks!

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
reviews: 54
1. Re: Waterfront B&B

Victoria is very small and easily walkable so not renting a car will be quite doable.

How about Abigail's. Not waterfront but within walking distance: tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g154945-d155903…

SE Ontario
reviews: 10
2. Re: Waterfront B&B

Lots to choose from:

tripadvisor.com/HotelsList-Victoria-Beach-Be…

Whitefish, Montana
reviews: 16
3. Re: Waterfront B&B

Really looking for specific recommendation as there are hundreds of options. Water view is preferable.

Blind Bay, BC
reviews: 6
4. Re: Waterfront B&B

This looks like it will fit your requirements :

http://www.bbcanada.com/victoria

http://www.birdsofafeather.ca/

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
reviews: 87
5. Re: Waterfront B&B

For feedback and recommendations, I would suggest reading the review section. Here is a link to the Victoria B&B and Inn reviews here on TA: tripadvisor.ca/Hotels-g154945-c2-Victoria_Vi…

As always, the usual caveat about ignoring single poster reviews, especially if they are either extremely favourable or unfavourable... they may not be legitimate reviews. When I am researching places to stay, if I see a lot of favourable single poster reviews attached to a particular property, I tend to stroke it off my list, since perhaps they are more interested in gaming the review system than offering exceptional service and facilities.

SE Ontario
reviews: 10
6. Re: Waterfront B&B

On the link I provided you, there are reviews from people who have actually stayed in those accommodations... I'm not sure how much more specific you can ask for...

7. Re: Waterfront B&B

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 4:59 pm, June 01, 2013
Edited: 4:59 pm, June 01, 2013
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
8. Re: Waterfront B&B

The post 5 link is interactive which would be a plus if wanting to use the filters.

MTLady, you are going to have to do some research about this. You are the only one who knows you and what would appeal to you.

On the link in post 5, you can find the filters just above the first B&B listed. Use those to narrow your choices, then post those choices here for more specific comment about the ones you like the look of. Use the traveller rating filter to see who loved them (5 buttons) and why and who had a bad experience (1 button) and what that bad experience was. That bad experience might not apply to your situation.. Each property has a map location that you can click on to expand to see how close to the water the places are.

Interestingly, Abigails is a B&B listed under the hotel section so they must provide features that qualifies them for a hotel listing that B&Bs do not have to offer.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
9. Re: Waterfront B&B

phpr ~

How did you filter to get that resulting list of "Beach Bed And Breakfast Victoria." That's nifty. I used the B&B tab, then More > Beach and got only 4 results. Your link is results only, no further filtering available. Mine allows further filtering. But I couldn't replicate what you did.

Dallas, Oregon
reviews: 315
10. Re: Waterfront B&B

We first went to Victoria in 1981 for our 10th anniversary -- same date Charles and Diana were married. That trip we stayed at the Empress and were upgraded to a 4th-floor suite overlooking the harbor. We fell in love with Victoria and have returned more than 30 times since then.

We now have a Worldmark timeshare condo there -- on the harbor -- but our favorite alternate is the Regent Hotel on the north inlet of the harbor. Nicely furnished rooms, plus one- and two-bedroom suites and, IMO, the best location in Victoria for access to shopping and good dining choices. Breakfast and secure underground parking (if you have a car) is included, although it's not a traditional B&B.