We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants local go to

Which Victoria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ormond Beach...
reviews: 83
Restaurants local go to

Would like to know what restaurants the locals favor. So excited about our visit staying at the Royal Scot

calgary
reviews: 4
1. Re: Restaurants local go to

Blighty's Bistro on Oak Bay Avenue - but you will need a reservation.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
reviews: 54
2. Re: Restaurants local go to

Bubby's Kitchen on Cook St.

SE Ontario
reviews: 9
3. Re: Restaurants local go to

Stage on Gladstone

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
4. Re: Restaurants local go to

Ooh, is that what Lucy's on the Square is called now, phpr?

SE Ontario
reviews: 9
5. Re: Restaurants local go to

Not familiar with Lucy's ... address looks as though it might be across the street from Stage, which has been on Gladstone for a few years now...

http://stagewinebar.com/

Dallas, Oregon
reviews: 315
6. Re: Restaurants local go to

A longtime friend (of 30 years) has lived in Victoria all of his 80-plus years, and whenever we visit, we take him to Restaurant Matisse for a wonderful dinner. It's his favorite place in Victoria, the restaurant owner knows him well, and we're always given the prime table.

The food is first-rate -- classic French menu -- with wine list and service to match!

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 607
7. Re: Restaurants local go to

For an awesome breakfast, eggs Benedict specifically, Lady Marmalade would be a great spot!

Victoria BC
reviews: 1
8. Re: Restaurants local go to

Sam's Deli, not too far from your hotel, and good for light meals. Try the chili.

At the other end of the scale, a little more pricey, but also not far away, the Bengal Room in the Empress Hotel, steeped in history and local lore, and offering an Indian buffet.

My Thai Cafe, on Cook Street, a bit of a whole in the wall, but true Thai cooking.

Barb's Fish and Chips, a favorite with locals and visitors, on Fisherman's Wharf, also not far from your hotel.

victoria, bc
reviews: 4
9. Re: Restaurants local go to

Mo:Le on Pandora Ave... great big breakies to fill 'yer boots.

Italian Food Imports on Blanshard....Hands down best authentic Italian sannies in town.

Victoria, Canada
10. Re: Restaurants local go to

Matisse - classic French, my dad who is French loves it, I love it too, but its $$$$

Most of the Thai food places are great.. everyone loves a bowl of noodles..

Il Terrazzo- good Italian

Pagliaccis - casual lunch or dinner, best salads , bread and soups, try it at least once for lunch, crowded and fun.

Ferris Oyster Bar and Grill- casual oysters, salads , etc.

Stages is well reviewed, haven't tried it yet but friends love it.

Bengal room for at least a drink.. its in the Empress, find it and visit, curry buffet is enjoyed by many I haven't tried it.

Red Fish Blue Fish , on Wharf Street, actually on wharf.. great fish tacos

Milestones is a chain but reliable and consistant.. you can get a nice table looking out at Inner Harbour , casual lunches good dinners.

I will give you a list of avoids..

James Bay Tea Room, its all about the dollies there and fooling tourists into thinking they are getting a decent tea, you aren't

Boston Pizza, I honestly do not know how this stays open, can only suppose its drunks needing late night food, and little kids birthday parties,, don't know anyone who has ever had a decent meal there.

Spaghetti Factory,, who goes there , no one I know and I have lived here for like 50 years!! We figure its tourists because of the location.. tried it years ago.. not good.