We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tea Suggestions?

Which Victoria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
reviews: 12
Tea Suggestions?

I know that the Empress is THE place to have High Tea. However, we would like to pay a little less (maybe $15-$35 per person). Does anyone have any suggestions for (NICE) cheaper tea with all the bells and whistles? Thank you.

calgary
reviews: 2
1. Re: Tea Suggestions?

The White Heather Tea Room in Oak Bay - but you need reservations. Or Murchies Tea shop downtown apparently does a nice tea too.

Edited: 5:31 pm, May 19, 2013
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
reviews: 39
2. Re: Tea Suggestions?

+1 for White Heather. Read my review if you like. Click on my user name and then open Reviews in the list at the left side.

Houston, Texas
3. Re: Tea Suggestions?

Thank you!

Victoria, Canada
reviews: 9
4. Re: Tea Suggestions?

The Butchart Gardens also does lovely afternoon tea (nicer than the Empress) at around $30. You do have to pay admission to the Gardens though.

Houston, Texas
5. Re: Tea Suggestions?

We will have tea at the White Heather Tea Room. Thank you for the suggestions!

Victoria, Canada
Destination Expert
for Victoria, Port Angeles
reviews: 54
6. Re: Tea Suggestions?

a wee correction, White Heather Tea Room is actually in Victoria, at 1885 Oak Bay Ave

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
7. Re: Tea Suggestions?

Hmm, that's interesting. The tea room is about 700 metres from Oak Bay central. I would think all the neighbourhoods would be considered Victoria, but when we say the Belfry is in Fernwood? And we say Thrifty is in James Bay? Friends of mine lived below Mt Doug and said they lived in Gordon Head. They're all neighbourhoods, in Victoria city of course.

To the visitor, it might be worth it to say in the Victoria neighbourhood of Oak Bay, but everyone, including Google Maps can find all the above unique locations on a map.

Victoria, BC Canada
Destination Expert
for Victoria
8. Re: Tea Suggestions?

Greater Victoria has 13 separate municipalities as well as a bunch of neighbourhoods. Oak Bay is a district and Victoria is a city. Fernwood, James Bay and Gordon Head are all neighbourhoods. It's confusing I know. We talk about amalgamation but it never gets past the talking stage. 13 separate mayors and councils for less than 500,000 people is a bit much IMO.

The White Heather is in Victoria, by a few blocks.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
9. Re: Tea Suggestions?

13????? Ut oh! That's a lot of demand on both humans and finances to make needed decisions.

We're going to have to back through the forums with a big red pen to edit all the "Oak Bay" responses. :-)

10. Re: Tea Suggestions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, May 31, 2014