We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moving from Vancouver - Victoria - Seattle

Which Victoria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
reviews: 105
Moving from Vancouver - Victoria - Seattle

'll be in Vancouver next September and I plan to spend two days in Victoria, then, move to Seatlle. I have read a lot about the various transport options but I have some doubts:

1 - Which is the best transportation option for 2 people aged 60, carryng bags of 25kg each?

2 - Since we are foreigners, how is the immigration process (border cross) from Victoria to Seattle if I chose Ferry or Seaplane?

I have the option to return to Vancouver and then take a train up to Seatlle (we won't have a car) but we think it would be more reasonable to go straight from Victoria to Seatlle.

Please someone could help me? I`m looking for the less stressful way to do this. Thank you

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 46
1. Re: Moving from Vancouver - Victoria - Seattle

The Pacific Coach Lines Cross Water Service is going to be your best arrangement for getting between Vancouver and Victoria. I thought they did pick ups from a few of the major downtown hotels, but if not, then a taxi to the bus depot wouldn't be too bad.

pacificcoach.com/Bus-Coach-Travel/Crosswater…

They drop off right downtown, and your luggage stays on the bus the entire way. Easy taxi ride from there to the hotel of your choosing.

Victoria, Canada
Destination Expert
for Victoria, Port Angeles
reviews: 58
2. Re: Moving from Vancouver - Victoria - Seattle

Hi Nadia,

you are right, it is more reasonable to go straight from Victoria to Seatlle.

whether you go by Clipper ferry clippervacations.com/seattle-victoria-ferry/ or seaplane www.kenmoreair.com/Seattle-Victoria-Schedule , your entry documents are checked in Victoria, and again by US officials when you arrive in Seattle. the process is straightforward and not somewhat stressful as it would be using major airports.

The Clipper journey is scenic, and restful unless a winter storm blows up, and you can buy so-so food, and duty-free liquor etc on board. The Kenmore flight is also scenic but very quick yet restful too. However, do check out the baggage weight limitations on the seaplane -- i suspect you would be far overweight and subject to a heavy charge. No limitations on the ferry.

3. Re: Moving from Vancouver - Victoria - Seattle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, May 17, 2014