We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vancouver to Victoria

Which Victoria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
uk
reviews: 17
Vancouver to Victoria

Apologies as this question must have been answered numerous times. Going to be doing a day visit to Victoria - I know a long day. We want to go independently. Have looked at Pacific Coaches. Do we book a return journey with Pacific Coaches and organise specific times. I would want to return on the last sailing and need to know we would be be booked on a coach back into Vancouver.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
reviews: 38
1. Re: Vancouver to Victoria

PCL is a walk up service for the most part. Especially when boarding at the bus depots. People who live half way to the ferry terminal often phone in to reserve so the driver knows to both leave a seat open and to look for the said passenger at the bus stop.

In your case, simply arrive at the bus depot about 30-40 min in advance of coach departure, and Bob's your uncle. Should they have "too many" pax, they immediately bring in a second coach and driver. Sometimes, (hint) it is an idea to ask if there will be two coaches and/or to eye the first coach and the number of pax because any second coach will not be nearly as full.

Prescott, Arizona
reviews: 3
2. Re: Vancouver to Victoria

we will be arriving by ship in Vancouver and are staying in Victoria...do I need to make ferry reservations? How do I get to the ferry, Cost?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
reviews: 38
3. Re: Vancouver to Victoria

171 ~

Will you have a car or not?

You will arrive in downtown Vancouver at either Canada Place or Ballantyne Pier.

No car: You would have to get to Pacific Central Station on skytrain from nearby Waterfront Station (10 minutes) to take Pacific Coach Lines to the ferry, on the ferry, and continuing on south down to Victoria. This journey takes 4 hours downtown to downtown. You do not have to make ferry reservations as you would be on the coach.

Cost? coach + ferry fares = $52.50

http://www.pacificcoach.com/

With car: You would have to get to your rental car office and rent your car, maybe up to an hour, then drive from downtown Vancouver to downtown Victoria, including the ferry. This journey takes 4 hours plus any time it takes to rent the car.

Do you need a reservation? I cannot advise without knowing the date and day of the week.

Cost? car + passengers = $51.25 plus $15.50 per passenger

www.bcferries.com

Map for this route: http://goo.gl/maps/4b5FD

For future reference, it is usually a good idea to ask your new question by clicking on the "Ask a Question" button. It can be found on this thread under my post and below the reply box. Or it can be found on the main page of topics listings just above the list toward the right.

4. Re: Vancouver to Victoria

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, May 16, 2014