We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

always seals at fisherman's wharf?

Which Victoria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
julie1218
reviews: 2
always seals at fisherman's wharf?

how likely is it that we will get to see some seals at fisherman's wharf in victoria? we will be there sunday, may 26. i'm really hoping to see some.

Victoria, Canada
reviews: 87
1. Re: always seals at fisherman's wharf?

I have never been down there and not seen them they are quite somwthing to feed

We usually go down to fishermans wharf about 4 or 5 times a year.

I would think your chances are very good they will be around :)

victoria, bc
reviews: 4
2. Re: always seals at fisherman's wharf?

a guarantee spot is Oak Bay Marina....Fat, Happy, and always there...

Victoria, Canada
reviews: 21
3. Re: always seals at fisherman's wharf?

I concur that your chances of seeing seals at both Oak Bay Marina and Fisherman's Wharf are very good. These are resident seals that know food is plentiful and frequent.

Dallas, Oregon
reviews: 300
4. Re: always seals at fisherman's wharf?

The seals are very dependent upon the generosity of tourists. Next thing you know, they'll be leading tours!

Victoria, Canada
reviews: 25
5. Re: always seals at fisherman's wharf?

For guaranteed seals, I second Oak Bay Marina. For a couple bucks you can buy a small bag of frozen fish pieces and step outside onto the dock to feed the regulars that are ALWAYS there. If you don't see them immediately, just knock on the steel handrail and they'll magically appear.

Victoria
reviews: 13
6. Re: always seals at fisherman's wharf?

There are resident seals at Fisherman's Wharf all the time beside the fish store. You can buy herring from the store and feed them. They come right out of the water to get the fish when you hold it up about 4-5 feet above the water. Great for taking pictures, especially with kids. Pretty well guaranteed that you will see seals here.

julie1218
reviews: 2
7. Re: always seals at fisherman's wharf?

thank you all so much. i will keep oak bay in mind. our cruise docks near fisherman's wharf, so we will try that location first and just take a cab if we have to over to oak bay if for some crazy reason the wharf seals are all on vacation!

8. Re: always seals at fisherman's wharf?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, May 01, 2014