We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gluten free resturants

Which Victoria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary AB
reviews: 73
Gluten free resturants

I know the Fish Store at Fisherman's Wharf for gluten free fish and chips. Are there more choices in Victoria for gluten free?

Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
reviews: 90
1. Re: Gluten free resturants

You might check with Rebar.

Victoria BC Canada
reviews: 24
2. Re: Gluten free resturants

There are a pretty good selection of places that offer gluten-free eating options. Some places like Bin 4 Burger joint - have gluten free buns as an option - and a lot of places offer yam fries (sometimes for an upcharge though). I also just posted a review of dinner at Ferris' restaurant, which has a lot of options for gluten free.

One of the first true gluten-free restaurants in Victoria that I can think of is Sante' cafe:

http://www.santeglutenfreecafe.com/

I also came across this link which you may find useful:

theceliacscene.com/map5-British-Columbia-Vic…

There are also bakeries that produce gluten-free offerings including:

http://www.originbakery.com/

Good luck and I hope you find what you're looking for.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
reviews: 54
3. Re: Gluten free resturants

I think this website might help you.

http://www.theceliacscene.com/

Victoria, Canada
Destination Expert
for Victoria, Port Angeles
reviews: 59
4. Re: Gluten free resturants

also check Gluten Free Victoria at …wordpress.com/2010/…

BC
reviews: 121
5. Re: Gluten free resturants

We don't live in Victoria, but have two celiacs in the household. This is my Victoria list that I made a couple of years ago, check it out to make sure it is up to date (ie. that places still exist). Descriptions are not mine.

The Joint Pizzeria & Deli Website: www.eatatthejoint.com/html/gluten-free.php

Hours of Operation: 11 ~ 10 Monday ~ Saturday 12 ~ 9 Sunday

Gluten Free Baked Pasta: tomato or alfredo sauce (veggie or chicken)

GLUTEN FREE DESSERTS ARE HERE! - ask what's available. brownie

Ingredient of our gluten free crust are as follows: rice flour, potato flour, rice bran, xanthan gum, salt & sugar.

Bard and Banker (great GF menu, GF beer)

1022 Government St

Irish Times Pub (GF beer, safe fries, can adapt some items)

1200 Government St

**Sauce Restaurant & Lounge (GF menu)

1245 Wharf St 250.382.8662

Gluten Free the following items are gluten and wheat free available on our regular menu

**can get Malaysian chicken rice bowl on their $10 lunch special (includes coffee or pop)-chicken, rice and salad included. sauce, coconut jasmine rice, fresh green salad.

Appetizers Garlic Chili Prawns Spicy Tuna Tataki Artisan Plate with Papadums Salads House Salad(apple vinaigrette, strawberry vinaigrette, mandarin, honey balsamic or peanut vinaigrette) Goat Cheese Salad Apple Pecan Salad Strawberry Salad

Entrees & Favorites Madras Curry Rice Bowl Malaysian Chicken Rice Bowl Pepper Caramel SalmonCreole Chicken & PrawnsWild Mushroom SteakSteak & Chili Prawns

Desserts Crème Brulee Flourless Chocolate Torte Vanilla Ice Cream Raspberry Sorbet

Gluten Free Sauces Spicy Mayo Pesto Mayo Madras Curry Bolognese Spicy Roast Garlic Tomato Sauce Malaysian Sauce Creole Aioli Wasabi May orTomato Tapenade Alfredo Apricot Chutney Apple Tarragon vinaigrette Strawberry vinaigrette Mandarin vinaigrette Honey Balsamic vinaigrette Chocolate Ganache

The Noodle Box 818 Douglas St

The Noodle Box 626 Fisgard St

White Spot (this location offers dedicated fries, allergy guide, GF menu coming)

710 Caledonia 250.382.9911 downtown, Chinatown area

Wild Coffee Bistro (see GF choices at counter)632 Yates St 250.590.8585 downtown

Mo:le (554 Pandora Ave) has great breakfasts, easily made gf.

www.molerestaurant.ca/home lots of wheat, but apparently GF friendly.

West Coast Waffles (1235 Broad St located in the heart of downtown, just east of Government street, just south of Yates-- has a gluten free waffle batter –buckwheat flour--that's FANTASTIC! 11 minute walk going north up Douglas street.

Origins Gluten-Free Bakery (1525 Pandora Ave) is the best gf bakery I've been to. Totally devoted to gluten free baking. The chocolate ginger cookies were amazing.

Tacos in Victoria: Hernande'z (Yates St)

735 Yates St (250) 884-5313 about five or six small blocks East of Wharf.

www.hernandezcocina.com

Puerto Vallarta Amigos(250) 514-5362

500 Yates St Victoria, BC V8W

www.pvamigos.com

Corner of Wharf and Yates. 11- 3ish Monday to Friday.

Victoria, Canada
reviews: 22
6. Re: Gluten free resturants

I live here with my sweetie who has celiac disease. I can vouch for Sante on Quadra Street - 100% GF throughout the café. I find the food is up and down; most dishes are really good, a few are disappointing. Definitely worth a visit. Casual kind of place with free wifi.

Most places here are very aware of GF and offer at least some kind of accommodation for your diet. Because we are lucky enough to have 2 GF bakeries in town, many restaurants in Victoria purchase baked goods from them and so they have GF breads, buns, desserts etc to offer. As with anywhere, if gluten makes you sick be sure to let your server know so they can take cross-contamination precautions in addition to just serving you the GF product itself.

Victoria, BC Canada
Destination Expert
for Victoria
reviews: 12
7. Re: Gluten free resturants

Sauce Restaurant has closed. :(

BC
reviews: 121
8. Re: Gluten free resturants

Thanks for the update about Sauce. Too bad, their menu sounded so delicious.

9. Re: Gluten free resturants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, May 11, 2014