We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reservations for Tea at The Empress

Which Victoria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Honolulu, Hawaii
reviews: 488
Reservations for Tea at The Empress

Hi: How far out does one need to make reservations for tea at The Empress? We are staying there in early July. Thanks for any info!

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
reviews: 54
1. Re: Reservations for Tea at The Empress

I would say, for that time of year about 8 weeks in advance.

Do you specifically want tea at the Empress? Have you noticed the White Heather? Feel free to read my review in my profile.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
reviews: 83
2. Re: Reservations for Tea at The Empress

I often call a few days ahead and they normally have some open slots but if you want a specific time then yes calling more in advance is required.

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
3. Re: Reservations for Tea at The Empress

Do you collect tourist traps?

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 53
4. Re: Reservations for Tea at The Empress

I'm with Sam....$50 for a cuppa and a cucumber sandwich isn't very good value. And you won't find a single local in the place. Completely caters to tourists.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
reviews: 54
5. Re: Reservations for Tea at The Empress

LOL. The locals know a bloated exploit when they see it. But you are staying at the Empress and going for tea will be as much for the Victorian ambiance as the tea. The room is of dowager and aspidistra decor and some simply want to experience it. That's what they count on. That's fine.

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 53
6. Re: Reservations for Tea at The Empress

The Memsaab and I do occasionally drop by the Bengal Room for a nice G&T, though....

7. Re: Reservations for Tea at The Empress

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, March 23, 2014