We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

39 Steps at Langham Theatre

Which Victoria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Western Canada
reviews: 119
39 Steps at Langham Theatre

When I am in Victoria I would like to go to 39 Steps at the Langham Theatre. I google mapped it and it is about 3 KMs from the Delta Ocean Pointe Resort. Is it a safe walk about 10:00 at night?

Thanks in advance

Victoria, Canada
Destination Expert
for Victoria, Port Angeles
reviews: 54
1. Re: 39 Steps at Langham Theatre

yes. i would walk back along Langham Court, left onto Rockland, wave as you go by my house, right on Cook, left to Fort, turn right on Wharf, turn left at Pandora; you will be walking on the left (south) side of the bridge and exiting over to the hotel, on your left.

Note that the Johnson Street bridge is expected to be closed for repair on the evening of Saturday, February 16.

Western Canada
2. Re: 39 Steps at Langham Theatre

Thank you! I will be waving as I go and as I return on March 21st.

victoria, bc
reviews: 4
3. Re: 39 Steps at Langham Theatre

Yup, no worries... Grab an umbrella from the concierge before leaving .. I'd change the route a wee bit 'tho. I'd walk down Burdett -Humboldt- Wharf, quieter and more residential .

Victoria
reviews: 118
4. Re: 39 Steps at Langham Theatre

Hmmn - Sure you can walk but its likely gonna take close to an hour. Be sure to look out for bridge closures as that would really "hoop" you

Victoria, BC
reviews: 31
5. Re: 39 Steps at Langham Theatre

Hope you got a ticket, it is starting to sell out. I would't walk, it is too far. A cab would be a better choice, I am thinking it might be a good 40 minutes or more and then across the bridge, which is being renovated.

I am going tonight, my husband is the lead. Got a great review in the Times Colonist paper today. Enjoy!

Western Canada
6. Re: 39 Steps at Langham Theatre

Thanks for the posts. I actually bought my ticket the first day they went on sale. I am rethinking the walking part. I may either cab it or drive.

Comox,British...
Destination Expert
for Victoria
reviews: 76
7. Re: 39 Steps at Langham Theatre

The Delta has a complimentary shuttle service they will drop you off and pick you up if requested and the staff are allways great

Western Canada
8. Re: 39 Steps at Langham Theatre

This was certainly one of my recent trip's high lights. I thought it was going to be a murder mystery as it was based on a Hitchcock movie. It was actually a murder mystery comedy. The cast of 4 played over 200 characters and did a lot of the changes on stage. It was so intense that one of the characters got injured and had to get stitches during the intermission delaying the play 15 minutes.

I would highly recommend seeing if there is a play during your Victoria visit and attend this historic theatre.

Incidently, during the day I walked to the antique shops on Fort and was only a few blocks away from the theatre. I chose to drive there in the evening.

9. Re: 39 Steps at Langham Theatre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, April 04, 2014