We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How's the Salmon fishing from Victoria in June?

Which Victoria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
reviews: 12
How's the Salmon fishing from Victoria in June?

A few years ago my boyfriend was able to salmon fish in Ucluelet and had a great time, but he is the only fisherman in our bunch and their general policy there is not to arrange shared charters- it was only by luck that we found someone willing to let him share their boat rather than put out all $800 himself- it appears now that $1000 would be more typical if he had to charter a boat by himself in Ucluelet. ..

We noticed that there are charter boats in Victoria which advertise that they sometimes can arrange split charters and were thinking of looking into this for him, but we do wonder how the salmon fishing is and how likely it would be in June that he could find a split charter trip.. We have been to Victoria before and would love to come back , but I wonder if anyone has had any experience or a boat to recommend?

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
1. Re: How's the Salmon fishing from Victoria in June?

May & June are two of the better months for Salmon and Halibut are on the menu as well.

As to shared charters it all depends you have a lot of legwork to do try

http://www.bluewolfcharters.com/

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
2. Re: How's the Salmon fishing from Victoria in June?

Thank you Sam- if I recall you were also my "advisor" for our Ucluelet trip which we enjoyed immensely- but we are hoping not to have to drive that far aand pay for an entire charter. I

I'll contact them and see what the possibilites might be , as we are very flexible as to date.

John caught a gorgeous salmon last time which was cooked to perfection for us at the Driftwodd Patio restaurant, in Ucluelet, which last I checked had recently burned down- so sad to hear it!

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
3. Re: How's the Salmon fishing from Victoria in June?

Island Outfitter has a lot of charters they work with maybe they can do something if Roy is booked.

http://fishingvictoria.com/

Ucluelet
4. Re: How's the Salmon fishing from Victoria in June?

Hey Lulutoo!

Thanks for the nice message on the other thread about our rental house.

Just an FYI - The Canadian Princess in Ucluelet does offer single fishing charters. Here's the link:

canadianprincess.com/fishing/…

I do believe they range from $99 - $149 per day, depending on the boat/type of fishing.

Have fun!

Brenda

Vancouver
reviews: 6
5. Re: How's the Salmon fishing from Victoria in June?

+1 for Canadian Princess in Ucluelet.

Me and a buddy have gone there three years running (and I just booked again for this June).

They are perfectly set-up for individuals - you pay your daily charter rate (ranges from 100-150 depending on time of year) and they assign you to a boat. The boats take anywhere from 8 - 20 people per boat.

We've always come back with halibut and salmon. Good times.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
6. Re: How's the Salmon fishing from Victoria in June?

Thanks for jumping in - I had seen lots of bad reviews for Canadian Princess and their fishing boat, most relating to shabby conditions and lots of very clueless people jammed on the boats annoying the more serious fishermen., so was sort of hoping not to have to take chance on that... maybe the reviews were exaggerated , so we'll see- I remember looking at it across the water when we were last in Ucluelet and not being impressed with it at the first glance.. We stayed in the West Coast Motor Inn, which was so nice and clean and thanks to TA John was able to share a charter boat with a group of people who were staying in the house on the same property - but opportunities like that rare I guess. I just wish Ucluelet were not such a long drive from Victoria for us-we'll be coming over from Seattle via ferry ... and we like Victoria so much for apres fishing.... but I do still remeber that delicious king salmon. I'm thinking the fishing is probably somewhat better in Ucluelet... everyone on the boat with John caught their limit.

victoria, bc
reviews: 4
7. Re: How's the Salmon fishing from Victoria in June?

Sooke is a 40 minute drive from downtown Victoria.. A whole lot closer that Ucluelet. This link provides info on charter companies..

http://www.fishinginsooke.com/

Edited: 12:26 am, February 12, 2013
8. Re: How's the Salmon fishing from Victoria in June?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 14, 2014