We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap way for Victorians to get to Bellingham

Which Victoria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Victoria BC
reviews: 7
Cheap way for Victorians to get to Bellingham

Has anyone figured out if it makes sense for Victorians to take advantage of cheap flights out of Bellingham? For example, flight from Bellingham to Maui are about $700 less than YVR to Maui. But how to get to Bellingham in a way. That is worth it? Via Sidney-anacortes ferry and then bus/train to Bellingham? Or thru Van? Might make sense if no hotels required on either end of the journey? Hoping someone has already figured this out I.e. if its worthwhile. Thanks TA community!!

Shawnigan Lake...
reviews: 6
11. Re: Cheap way for Victorians to get to Bellingham

There are many secured parking outfits 2 minutes from the bellingham airport that charge no more than 5-7$ per day. They include taking you to the airport and being there to pick you up also for no extra fee. We've used these and have been very pleased. We'll be doing it again this coming Dec for a family vacation to Oahu. We have saved almost $2000 on the airfare for four so it is definitely worth the $200 BC Ferry ride and the $100 parking for two weeks. Enjoy your trip to Maui :)

Edited: 10:39 pm, June 03, 2013
Victoria, BC Canada
Destination Expert
for Victoria
reviews: 12
12. Re: Cheap way for Victorians to get to Bellingham

I just went to Vegas out of Seattle because it saved us $200 and I could do some shopping in Seattle before our flight.

It's easy to work out. Ferry+hotel+gas+parking+flight out of Bellingham vs flight out of Vancouver+ferry+hotel?

$700 is a big difference so I'm going to guess that even with the extra costs of getting to Bellingham and parking a car for a week or two is going to be cheaper. If you need a hotel, some offer a week of parking with one nights stay.

Victoria, BC Canada
Destination Expert
for Victoria
reviews: 12
13. Re: Cheap way for Victorians to get to Bellingham

Ack. I didn't realize this was from January. I usually check that. The advice still stands.

Nanaimo, Canada
reviews: 25
14. Re: Cheap way for Victorians to get to Bellingham

Breezed, I am glad it was resurrected. I would have liked to hear back from her to see how she made out.

Our husband and I had flights to Maui from Bellingham for this past February but had to cancel the trip for medical reasons. We were going to overnight in Bellingham at the Best Western the night before our flight. We paid for the stay, park and fly package. Don't remember what it was now. But they didn't operate a shuttle after ten at night. Our flight back to Bellilngham had an arrival time of 10:20 p.m. We were going to use a taxi to get back to the hotel to get our vehicle, and then drive to Surrey for the night.

Bonus... no line up at the Peace Arch! And you don't have to drive the I-5 through busy Seattle.

Those flights for the two of us return, were just over $800.00 Canadian Dollars. A huge savings! Another bonus... you don't land in the dark. Always so nice to have a mai tai on the lanai watching that first sunset!

Here's hoping to February of 2014! Got to see those whales!

15. Re: Cheap way for Victorians to get to Bellingham

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, June 06, 2014