We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any update on the Oak Bay Beach Hotel?

Which Victoria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
SF, CA
reviews: 1
Any update on the Oak Bay Beach Hotel?

The last I heard, the old, rambling Tudor hotel was replaced by a newer hotel-condo, which was to open this summer. Has anyone stayed there? I remember the old hotel & pub were full of charm (though a bit out-dated). The lobby was beautifully paneled & there was an adjoining terrace where they served afternoon tea during the summer. I wonder if the new version will retain the original hotel's charm? Any info/reviews would be appreciated, as I'm hoping to visit Vic in early 2013.

1. Re: Any update on the Oak Bay Beach Hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 9:55 am, January 11, 2013
calgary
reviews: 2
2. Re: Any update on the Oak Bay Beach Hotel?

The lovely quaint hotel has been replaced by a monster hotel! Apparently should be opening mid-November. They did retain a lot of the interior fixtures and used them on the new hotel. Will have to reserve final judgement until I've had my first gin & tonic in the Snug!

victoria, bc
reviews: 4
3. Re: Any update on the Oak Bay Beach Hotel?

Unfortunately your G&T won't be poured by Joe Smith, the long time bartender extraordinaire in The Snug... sadly he passed away in the Spring.

Edited: 9:21 pm, October 12, 2012
Victoria, Canada
reviews: 88
4. Re: Any update on the Oak Bay Beach Hotel?

Just had a look today. There is a cafe (Katie's Cafe) open, but the Hotel itself is still not open. The landscaping is in full swing. There is a sign saying that the sidewalk is closed, but you can only get to the Cafe by ignoring that sign.

It is big, and arguably oversized for the location; but it isn't quite as hideous as it might have been.

Victoria, Canada
reviews: 21
5. Re: Any update on the Oak Bay Beach Hotel?

The restaurant is open but the hotel itself isn't:

http://www.oakbaynews.com/news/172185981.html

The owners are now saying November 15th, but keep in mind there have been numerous delays. They had to cancel the huge David Foster fundraiser in May because they were running way behind schedule.

Edited: 8:31 pm, October 20, 2012
British Columbia...
reviews: 18
6. Re: Any update on the Oak Bay Beach Hotel?

As a former staff of the Oak Bay Beach I can't wait to get to Victoria and see the new place. I know it is hard for some to accept the new place but it really had to be torn down before it fell down.

X-Pat in BC
reviews: 63
7. Re: Any update on the Oak Bay Beach Hotel?

Looking forward to the long-awaited re-opening - not likely until at least mid-November. Architecturally, several great nods to the past with a view to its future.

8. Re: Any update on the Oak Bay Beach Hotel?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:32 pm, October 23, 2012
9. Re: Any update on the Oak Bay Beach Hotel?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:05 pm, October 23, 2012
10. Re: Any update on the Oak Bay Beach Hotel?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:35 pm, October 24, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Victoria