We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Butchart Gardens

Which Victoria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Glastonbury...
reviews: 65
Butchart Gardens

Is it worth the trip from Victoria to go to Butchart Gardens if we only have one day in the city?

Dallas, Oregon
reviews: 308
1. Re: Butchart Gardens

Depends on how much you enjoy gardens. Victoria has a lot of good restaurants, interesting shopping, museums and scenic spots around the city. Quite a bit to see and do in one day -- you'll need to decide what interests you most.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
reviews: 54
2. Re: Butchart Gardens

Hi nutmegger ~

I love them most of the year, but that's me. No idea if you like what I like.

What time of year? Will you have a car? If you could post something of your arrival plans from ? and your departure plans to ?, it might be possible to suggest a day plan that would streamline your day and make both work for you.

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 53
3. Re: Butchart Gardens

It certainly is a top attraction for the city, but only you can decide if its going to be your top attraction. Me? I'd stay with the Inner Harbour, the Royal BC Museum and tea at the Empress.

Victoria, Canada
reviews: 54
4. Re: Butchart Gardens

Its a toss up, Butchard Gardensit IS worth seeing, and if you have a full day you can do Butchards in morning, till early afternoon, then still have time to walk around Inner Harbour, see the Parliment Buildings and visit the Empress( always worth walking through the old lobby, and look in the Bengal Lounge, that place is classic. Don't know if you can work in the museum,, its also worth a visit. Good luck... you are going to have to choose,, bad on you only having one day!

Victoria, Canada
Destination Expert
for Victoria, Port Angeles
reviews: 61
5. Re: Butchart Gardens

Consider having two plans:

- one for foul weather (Royal BC Museum, walk around Empress and lunch in Bengal Lounge, Parliament Buildings tour, etc.), and

- one for other weather, which would include Butchart's plus other high spots depending on your preferences and available time.

Edited: 12:37 pm, June 04, 2012
6. Re: Butchart Gardens

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 pm, June 20, 2013