We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

anyone hear of skoosh?

Which Victoria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
reviews: 48
anyone hear of skoosh?

Hi. I booked two nights in June at the Fairmont Empress on a site called Skoosh. The rate was less than half of booking it directly with the hotel. Is it legitimate? Has anyone ever heard of Skoosh?

40 replies to this topic
New York
21. Re: anyone hear of skoosh?

I am the original poster. My reservation did show up at the fairmont but it was for the wrong type of room. We requested a dlx Queen or king and are booked for a standard with two double beds. The lowest category room. The hotel said there was a request for an upgrade which would only be determined when we check in. This is a deal breaker for me and if skoosh doesn't honor our exact reservation I will cancel. I don't want to travel thousands of miles to start arguing with a hotel. I sent an email to skoosh and I will update when I hear back. So far I feel uncomfortable.

New Westminster...
reviews: 153
22. Re: anyone hear of skoosh?

This takes me back to the first thing I learned about these brokers: If you get to the hotel and there's a problem, you can hardly fault the hotel for saying. "Not our problem, call your broker."

New York
23. Re: anyone hear of skoosh?

I did receive an email back today saying they are trying to resolve it. So they have been very responsive. I also told them that I was posting about this on Tripadvisor. I want to resolve this so I know I am reserved so I will give them a few more days and if it doesn't work out I will cancel. It was a much better rate than booking directly with the hotel so I will give it a few more days. It would have been so much better if the hotel met the price but they won't. And if Skoosh does the right thing I would use them again but keep an eye on the reservation as I am doing now. Thanks for your input everyone. I will keep you posted.

New York
24. Re: anyone hear of skoosh?

Update on the Skoosh debacle. Skoosh came through and we were upgraded to a harbor view queen- which I guess is a step up from the deluxe. We will have a direct view of Victoria Harbor. I did confirm this with the Empress and they said we are absolutely confirmed for the harbor view queen. What's amazing is- what we paid less for two nights than the listed price for one night. So we got a very very good deal and I have to say Skoosh acted quickly to resolve my issue and was very responsive. The only thing is...someone less proactive (okay, neurotic) might have just shown up at the hotel and had a problem. Based on this experience (and if it all turns out well) I would definitely use Skoosh again but be sure to check with the hotel that I got what I requested.

Edited: 9:51 pm, April 20, 2012
Boras, Sweden
25. Re: anyone hear of skoosh?

I booked with Skoosh but didn´t read cancellation policy so I had to pay full price even if I cancelled 3 days before arrival, with booking.com it´s I guess same day and Skoosh seem to always have a cancellation fee for every cancellation. I dont think that they have so bad agreement with the hotels so they have to pay full price to hotel for cancellation. Probably something they earn money at, I don´t know. I will not try them again, will use booking.com as I always have done.

reviews: 3
26. Re: anyone hear of skoosh?

I don't think they are bad. I booked a hotel and I had to cancel and in 3 days I had my refund back in my back.

Japan
reviews: 39
27. Re: anyone hear of skoosh?

I have used them a few times over the years and they have always totally delivered on everything. Never had any problems.

28. Re: anyone hear of skoosh?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:55 pm, May 06, 2013

Victoria, Canada
reviews: 22
29. Re: anyone hear of skoosh?

I've used Skoosh successfully too and got an amazing rate on a Fairmont hotel in Vancouver. I did have to print off my Skoosh reservation confirmation and show it to them (which was kinda weird compared to how most websites do business) but no problems having it honoured. The deal seemed too good to be true, but for once it actually was true!

Abu Dhabi
30. Re: anyone hear of skoosh?

I had booked for a Hotel in Abu Dhabi using skoosh.com for two days and they are very genuine site and rates are 25% lower than direct booking with hotel or booking.com. I highly recommend it compared to sites like booking.com .

Reply to: anyone hear of skoosh?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted