We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

anyone hear of skoosh?

Which Victoria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
reviews: 40
anyone hear of skoosh?

Hi. I booked two nights in June at the Fairmont Empress on a site called Skoosh. The rate was less than half of booking it directly with the hotel. Is it legitimate? Has anyone ever heard of Skoosh?

32 replies to this topic
Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
reviews: 67
1. Re: anyone hear of skoosh?

Haven't heard of them... did a google.. they appear legit..but did you try calling the hotel and booking direct with them? My experience has been that hotels will meet a verifiable online rate..and I'd much rather book direct with the hotel in case there are any issues.

Victoria BC Canada
reviews: 24
2. Re: anyone hear of skoosh?

I have never heard of that website. In reading your note, I am reading it to mean that you already made the reservation. If so, did they provide a confrimation number or other sort of unique identifier?

I'd call up the Fairmont Empress directly and see if you are entered into their reservation system or if they recognize/acknolwedge skoosh as a room reseller. If the hotel doesn't have a record, then I'd get into contact with skoosh directly to see what the hold up is or how you can get external verification/confirmation of your booking.

Please let us know how it turns out - if it happens to be legit, it is always nice to know of a good source for bargains.

Victoria, BC, Canada
reviews: 149
3. Re: anyone hear of skoosh?

I just Googled "skoosh travel review" and got some results, some of which were within tripadvisor. In a nutshell, there were some complaints and some people were satisfied.

The Empress is a classy place, and I suspect if you just call them they can perhaps reassure you that you will have a room when you get there. You might ask what kind of room it will be.

Were you comparing two prepaid rates, or one prepaid against one cancellable?

New York
4. Re: anyone hear of skoosh?

I did call the hotel and they don't yet have my reservation in the system. I then emailed skoosh and they replied right away and said that because they reserve through a third party vendor, they may not enter the reservation in the hotel system until closer to our travel time but they would try to do it earlier because of my concerns. I did ask the hotel to meet the rate since they could see it on the website as we were talking but they just gave me some bs that they couldn't do that because they didn't know the actual rate because there was no breakdown of tax and vendor fee. I think the price was so much lower that they didn't want to meet the price. I was surprised at Fairmont because they have always price matched before.

Victoria BC Canada
reviews: 24
5. Re: anyone hear of skoosh?

It seems odd that they wouldn't confirm your reservation right away with the hotel. I suspect they already charged something to your credit card so i'd be tempted to contact skoosh and say that you're a new customer to using them and that you expect a confirmation of your booking soon or else you'll contact the credit card company and reverse the charge.

Given the plethora of supposed "discount bookers" on the intenet I am not suprised that the Empress and other hotels are starting to tune out requests for price-matching, especially if this vendor - skoosh - is a bit new to the game and unknown. I find in most circumstances hotels will either price match or beat expedia or travelocity - or will offer to upgrade the room type or include a free breakfast and other amenities like parking.

Again, please let us know how it works out (good or bad).

New York
6. Re: anyone hear of skoosh?

I felt comfortable booking with them because I used my Amex. Still, I don't want to be left without a room. They did say that the vendor they used was jonview and I looked them up and they appear to be a legit canadian company. I was thinking about calling them to get the details.

Victoria, Canada
reviews: 2
7. Re: anyone hear of skoosh?

it's not unusual for your reservation to not show until 72 hours prior to check in...

New York
8. Re: anyone hear of skoosh?

so, what do u think

Victoria, Canada
reviews: 2
9. Re: anyone hear of skoosh?

I wouldn't worry about it

Victoria, Canada
reviews: 41
10. Re: anyone hear of skoosh?

Not quite same thing , but i found a great rate with booking.com ( which I know is a good booking site) ,, but phoned the resort I wanted to stay in, ( Tigh Ni Mara in Parksville) and asked what their best rate was,, it was quite a bit higher then the one with the booking site. I told the receptionist and asked if they would match the rate. She said she couldn't. I was somewhat surprised,, and said " so why would I book with you" and she quietly said " I wouldn't" . lol . i booked with the agency and paid less and got a decent room too!

Reply to: anyone hear of skoosh?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted