We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Victoria with an infant

Which Victoria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ponoka, Canada
reviews: 32
Visiting Victoria with an infant

We will be traveling to Victoria to do some sightseeing with a 6 month old child.

Please advise of some infant friendly activities - mostly places that will allow me to take a stroller.

And also any infant friendly hotels.

Victoria, BC Canada
Destination Expert
for Victoria
reviews: 12
1. Re: Visiting Victoria with an infant

As long as the stroller will fit, you won't have a problem anywhere. At most places infants will be free admission as well. For example, Butchart Gardens, the Royal BC Museum, Undersea gardens infants unter two are free.

As for infant friendly hotels, I'm not sure what you mean by that. Most hotels take kids. Unless it was something specific you were looking for, that's the best answer I have for you.

Vancouver
2. Re: Visiting Victoria with an infant

Hi there,

I work in the tourism industry and deal with most attractions in Victoria - all are baby friendly. If there isn't room to accommodate a stroller I am sure that there would be somewhere for you to store it while to visit.

I agree with the previous poster in regards to infant friendly hotels - I would believe that they all would accommodate an infant.

west coast of Canada
3. Re: Visiting Victoria with an infant

Undersea Gardens has a long stairway which might be difficult to negotiate with a stroller. However, I'm sure you could check your stroller and carry your baby down.

We have a 5-month-old infant, and she and I go around town with her stroller all the time. There are a few stores that make negotiating difficult due to narrow aisles or long staircases (Chintz & Co, Russell Books), but generally it's mostly pretty good.

There is a 'refuge room' with a change table and chair in the children's wear department of the Bay store downtown, if you need a place for a bit of a rest.

In my experience most shopkeepers are happy to see the baby!

You cannot take the baby into any venue that's licensed as a pub; it's a stupid rule that's still in effect in BC.