We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Westfalia Rentals in Victoria, BC

Which Victoria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oakville, Canada
reviews: 8
Westfalia Rentals in Victoria, BC

I read all the negative reviews after I had booked with Jeff from Westfalia in Victoria, BC. I immediately contacted him with my concerns and he gave me a brief overview of his company. He runs it half the year and has over 30 VW vans that he rents out and maintains and repairs. We had the opportunity at that point to cancel the reservation and make another one with another company, however we really wanted the true west coast experience, so we cross our fingers and went with it.

Jeff was extremely accommodating in getting the van to us at 11pm the night we flew in and then we meet the next day to sign the contract and make payment. At that time we realized we needed bedding and Jeff made an extra trip to us with bedding supplies. It also came fully equipped with camping supplies which made it extremely easy to start our adventure. He was extremely laid back and said to call with any concerns at all.

The van was definitely older and had 360,000 km on it, however it was extremely clean, very charming and Jeff assured us he takes very good care of his vans.

We needed a reliable vehicle to get us up the coast to Tofino. We had some fairly large hills to climb and rough roads to travel, but the van made it the entire way. We had absolutely no problems. There were VW vans everywhere on the island, definitely the way to travel. It was comfortable to sleep in and had plenty of room for our stuff.

When we had to leave our flight was fairly late leaving and Jeff had no problem making late night arrangements to pick it up. He was extremely flexible and very easy to get ahold of.

I felt the need to post something on Jeff's company because all the negative reviews we had read made me very anxious about our trip before we left. We are going back to Victoria next September and I would definitely call and rent a van from Jeff again or recommend his company for anyone wanting to rent a VW van.

24 replies to this topic
Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Nanaimo, Vancouver Island
reviews: 289
1. Re: Westfalia Rentals in Victoria, BC

Thanks for the post and letting everyone know of your good experience.

Over time this post will disappear into the depths on this Forum so you really need to post a review of this company on TripAdvisor. You might want to contact TA directly with a question of which category to put this company's product under.

Oakville, Canada
2. Re: Westfalia Rentals in Victoria, BC

Yes, I agree. It was hard to post because there was no category that seemed to fit it. Missing Victoria! Such a beautiful place!

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
reviews: 54
3. Re: Westfalia Rentals in Victoria, BC

TA only accepts reviews of Hotels, Restaurants and Attractions.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 69
4. Re: Westfalia Rentals in Victoria, BC

Hi Leemers;

FYI...TripAdvisor doesn't accept reviews of rental companies, only attractions, accommodations and restaurants.

For future reference, the Support Forum is available for general questions and assistance using the TripAdvisor site, and to report technical problems.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12105-TripAdvi…

Best Regards

Oakville, Canada
5. Re: Westfalia Rentals in Victoria, BC

I tried replying to the existing threads, but there was no way to do that.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
reviews: 54
6. Re: Westfalia Rentals in Victoria, BC

Leemers ~ Your thread is well titled. It will show up when someone does a search for Westfalia. So your comments can be located.

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
7. Re: Westfalia Rentals in Victoria, BC

Learn something everyday about TA! Looked around but couldn't find any place to put a review. Seems obvious now though!

quebec
reviews: 1
8. Re: Westfalia Rentals in Victoria, BC

Been looking around for westfalia rentals in BC and found those topics on TA. Just to mention that we are planning on renting a west for our BC tour the coming summer and that we are considering Westfalia rentals. We will keep you posted but in the mean time, I found Okanagan Westfalia Rentals. It has the same kind of information and similar visual appearance on the website as the one in Victoria so I don't know if it's the same owner. Anyone has experience with this one?

Just so you know, there is a company transforming GMC savana vans in what they call safari condo, kind of a westfalia but American and a bit bigger! I Thought I would find some in BC when I discovered they were made near Quebec city. And you can rent some! So if you feel like RVing quebec province in a west, you know what to look for! safaricondo_dot_com

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
9. Re: Westfalia Rentals in Victoria, BC

Thanks for the tip on Safaricondo. Their products look great!

10. Re: Westfalia Rentals in Victoria, BC

I just rented for Jeff Morris at Wesffaliarentals.com out of Victoria. All the negative reviews are accurate. He did deliver it on time and was accommodating, but he does not run a safe or in my opinion a legitimate business. He deals in cash only. I found this out via email 8 hours prior to my flight from NJ. I had to scramble to get the cash at 10PM.

Upon receiving the van, I was surprised it was an 85 with 280,000KM on the engine. He told us to add oil when we gassed up( which was frequent). The van struggled to get up the mt. roads in the Rockies and I was terrified that something would run out in front of us, cause the brakes took a LONG time to strop the vehicle. I owned a 71 bus years ago, and I never had breaking issues. Jeff told me it was 25 year old technology. That's not true. It was in need of a new master cylinder. In addition to adding oil regularly (we were not reimbursed for this), and the bad brakes, the window didn't lock. I could easily slide it open and unlock the passenger's door. the hatch on the roof leaked, when we put on the heat, and nasty antifreeze smell came in the van, fuel spilled out each time we refueled.

We rented a camper van so we'd have access to water and a stove and refrigeration. Jeff didn't show us how to use the equipment, he just pointed to the directions inside the frig. They were a bit complicated. It didn't matter, cause the sink's pump stopped working before we got to the Rockies and we couldn't get the frig to get cold unless we were plugged in, which we weren't. We got a cooler and did the daily run into town (not close at all) to get ice. When we called about this, he said they are temperamental and

could take an hour to start and he is not sure if he could get it to start.

When asked about breaking down, he thought it was fine for me to use my own AAA. AND, we may be held up in a place for a few days waiting for parts.....

Thankfully, we did 1800 miles and did not break down, but we had to add a couple of hours onto every leg of our trip because the van went so slow.

I would not recommend this company and I plan to report him to a number of agencies.

Reply to: Westfalia Rentals in Victoria, BC
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted