We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do with teen boys and 94 year old grandma?

Which Victoria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oregon
What to do with teen boys and 94 year old grandma?

We are going to visit my Grandma who lives in downtown Victoria in early August. We usually pick her up around 11:00, do something together, and take her home around dinner. She tires easily. We've done horse drawn carriage tours, bus tours, IMAX. She walks slowly and won't use a wheelchair. We're trying to figure out something new to do with her that won't totally bore our 12 and 14 year old boys. We are willing to drive up to an hour outside Victoria. Any suggestions?

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 45
1. Re: What to do with teen boys and 94 year old grandma?

If it's just about getting a quality visit with your Grandma while the boys blow off some steam, then I would suggest going to the Commonwealth Games pool. There is a wave pool, waterslide, diving boards for the boys, while you & Grandma can sit in the cafe that overlooks the wavepool and catch up.

Oregon
2. Re: What to do with teen boys and 94 year old grandma?

That sounds like a good idea. Can I find more info on the location online?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
reviews: 54
3. Re: What to do with teen boys and 94 year old grandma?

Yep. On maps.google.ca you can enter the address 4636 Elk Lake Drive, Saanich, BC

When you get there, you will see Commonwealth Place and Commonwealth Pool, it's a complex of buildings.

Generally it's north of Royal Oak and the Pat Bay highway and south of Elk Lake. Not far.

Vancouver
reviews: 53
4. Re: What to do with teen boys and 94 year old grandma?

That is a good idea, my grandma always just wants to sit somewhere and people watch. Any location like that would probably work.

Victoria, Canada
Destination Expert
for Victoria, Port Angeles
reviews: 61
5. Re: What to do with teen boys and 94 year old grandma?

maybe take in a Seals Baseball game ... have the boys bring their gloves, and sit in the stands past the infield so they can bag a foul fly ball.

6. Re: What to do with teen boys and 94 year old grandma?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 24, 2010