We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is the Supersave Lodge in Downtown Victoria scary?

Which Victoria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
michigan
Is the Supersave Lodge in Downtown Victoria scary?

I stumbled across the Supersaver Lodge on a BC tourism site. They have really good prices for off season rooms w/ kitchens, that include cont. breakfast, bag lunch & a dinner voucher ($104 CAD a day for 2 ppl). They also offer rates w/o food.

The website (www.supersaverlodge.com) doesn't really show pics of the rooms or anything. Anybody here know about this place? It seems too good to be true! Thanks!

Victoria, BC
reviews: 78
1. Re: Is the Supersave Lodge in Downtown Victoria scary?

Hi:

I am not sure where you found Supersaver Lodge because I live here and I have never bumped into it. There is a program put on by the Ministry of Tourism called "Supersaver". However, I have seen a deal similar to what you mentioned at the Dominion Hotel. It doesn't get very good tripadvisor reports and I think there are better places to stay. It all depends on how much you want to spend.

Anyhow, downtown Victoria is quite safe. Particularly if you are not silly. There are some homeless people, some kids who look worse than they are and bunches of American Tourists. When you are looking for places to stay, the big choices depend on if you have a car or not. If you have a car, stay anywhere, nothing is really more than 20 minutes away. If you don't have a car, there is plenty to see and do walking around the inner harbor.

Have a great visit.

Blamar

reviews: 20
2. Re: Is the Supersave Lodge in Downtown Victoria scary?

yes please be careful if you choose to stay here. I live here in Victoria and would not reccomend it to anyone. Their high end (expensive) suites are nice but their standard rooms are really run down, smell really bad and are very dated. beware...

Basel, Switzerland
reviews: 1
3. Re: Is the Supersave Lodge in Downtown Victoria scary?

You can get off-season rates of under $144/night double occupancy at even the top 5 hotels in the city (on most off-season dates) so I would say do NOT stay at the Supersaver Lodge (whatever it is, I've never even heard of it) for $104...even if it does include food...

Also, be very careful about the Traveller's Inn epidemic happening in Victoria. They are popping up all over the place but has a very, very bad repuation for being dirty and down-right disgusting.

I would suggest the Harbour Towers Hotel & Suites which is right downtown, quite nice and inexpensive or the Laurel Point Inn if you want to get a bit fancier - it's right downtown but on a 6-acre peninsula so you get views of the ocean from every room!

Of course, avoid the Fairmont Empress at all costs, it's way too over-rated!

Cheers!

chichester, uk
reviews: 2
4. Re: Is the Supersave Lodge in Downtown Victoria scary?

Dominion hotel is the best deal in town $35 a night. I stayed there at the end of November. You are there to see the great city of Victoria not a hotel room. This hotel is about the standard of a former communist country hotel with doors you can just push in if you like but people don't because Vic is safe.

Get answers to your questions about Victoria