We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anniversary Advice

Which Victoria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boise, Idaho
reviews: 1
Anniversary Advice

My wife and I have never been to Vicotria and would like to go for a couple of days this summer. We would spend a couple of days in Seattle and then a couple in Victoria. I need advice on what ferry to take, hotel, dining and things to do. Would love to go whale wathcing or anything else that would be suggested.

Medina, WA
reviews: 11
1. Re: Anniversary Advice

Since I live a couple miles outside Seattle unfortunately I don't have any personal experience with hotels other than what I have heard and read. Hotel Andra and Sorrento are suppose to be nice. Check this forum and see if there are any reviews on them. The most convenient way to get to Victoria would be the Victoria Clipper Ferry (www.victoriclipper.com) which is a passenger ferry that departs from Seattle. The Victoria Clipper also offers overnight packages with hotel accomodations but if you want to stay for longer, you could just take the Clipper and make your own hotel reservations. As far as hotels in Victoria, tons to choose. We are going this summer for a few days and choice the Royal Scot, but we are a family of four and need the kitchen facilities. For something more upscale, I would check out the (Grand Pacific), (Laurel Point) - south tower only as it is newly renovated, the (Delta Ocean Pacific) and of course, (The Fairmont Empress Hotel) which some people love and some people think is way too over priced. I think most of these hotels offer a free shuttle service within the city which is convenient. Hope this information helped you get started. Good Luck!!

Medina, WA
2. Re: Anniversary Advice

I completely forgot to mention a hotel in Seattle that is rather expensive but very nice. The Four Seasons Olympic. I know several couples that live in Seattle that go for dinner and stay overnight just for all the pampering qualities it has. I think if you are looking for some place special, that might be the one to check into. AGAIN Good Luck! Seattle is a great place to visit.

Boise, Idaho
reviews: 1
3. Re: Anniversary Advice

Thank you very much for the information.

Victoria BC
reviews: 12
4. Re: Anniversary Advice

Hi MacFred

There are so many ways to ferry to Victoria its really a matter of which schedule works best

1) The Coho - Car ferry from Pt Angeles - 90 mins no reservations 2-3 trips a day - easy customs

2) The WA state ferries - Car ferry from Annacortes - 90-120 mins - reservable 2-3 trips a day - easy customs - nice ride through the San Juan Islands

3) BC Ferries - Every hour departure - cheapest fare - beautiful trip - reservable

As far as accommodation Victoria is reknowned for its B&B's and what could be more romantic? check out www.bestbnbvictoria.com which lists about 40 or so. Trip Advisor has never steered me wrong so check out the reviews here.

Enjoy

Victoria, BC
reviews: 2
5. Re: Anniversary Advice

Best way to get from Seattle to Victoria is the clipper as someone has already suggested, or alternatively, you could take a float plane - Kemore Air - www.kenmoreair.com

Romantic dinning, there is Il Terrazo - www.ilterrazzo.com/home.htm or Bravo - www.emenus.ca/bravo. Both of these places will most likely need a reservation.

Hotels - don't know much about them as I live here, but all the stars that come to Victoria stay at the Grand Pacific, Laurel Point or at the Empress. However, a friend of mine stayed at Marriot and did say it was great.

Hope you enjoy your stay.

Medina, WA
6. Re: Anniversary Advice

Not sure if the person above meant the Ilterazzo restaurant in Seattle or Victoria. I have been to the one in Seattle in Pioneear Square and it is EXCELLENT. The atmosphere is cozy and the food is great. Pioneer Square is a nice place to visit in Seattle. Nice shopping!

Victoria, BC
reviews: 2
7. Re: Anniversary Advice

Wow, I didn't know Seattle had an Il-terrazo too. No, I was referring to the one in Victoria. The website I gave is for the one in Victoria.

Medina, WA
8. Re: Anniversary Advice

Actually, I just looked it up and the exact name is Il Terrazzo Carmine - website is www.ilterrazzocarmine.com located at 411 1st Ave. S in Pioneer Square.