We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get here?

Which Victoria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
SF,CA
How to get here?

Hi all,

We are planning to drive up from Northern California, US toward Vancouver area and love to see Victoria as well.

I have tried to find out how to get there but it's not clearly stated how to get there.

Is it Island? Or Can we drive there (on the bridge)?

How long will it take to get Victoria either from Seattle or Vancouver?

Anybody know any bit of info about how to get there or good driving direction,

Please let me know.

Thankx.

Kelly

Calgary, Alberta...
reviews: 3
11. Re: How to get here?

Hello Lynndr,

>>>Is it possible to get around Victoria and Vancouver Island without a car (how is the public transportation?)?<<<

Much of downtown Victoria is walkable and, in addition to that, the city has good public transportation.

There is public transportation on the rest of Vancouver Island, but the frequencies are not wonderful. I do NOT recommend seeing the rest of Vancouver Island by public transportation.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
reviews: 84
12. Re: How to get here?

Lyndr. if your taking the catamaran to Victoria from Seattle its very easy without a car. Are you spending the nite? If not here is what I would do Get the combo ticket from Grayline that includes a double decker tour of the city, very scenic and informative. That will also give you transportation to Buchart Garden. If some of your group does not want Buchart they can stay downtown and visit the museums and shops downtown. You won't have a lot of time to wander as you must go thru customs both ways but its a good but busy day trip. A little more relaxed if you spend the nite.