We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Scot or Coast Harborside

Which Victoria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago
reviews: 35
Royal Scot or Coast Harborside

Any opinions on 2 adults and 15 yr old staying 1 night at either hotel? Help me make the decision.

Durham, NC
reviews: 24
1. Re: Royal Scot or Coast Harborside

Can't respond on the Royal Scot but I was quite disappointed by the Coast Harbourside. My room was old with a musty smell and furniture 20 yrs plus. The decor was very out-of-date as well. Others didn't experience that but it appears PART of the hotel has been renovated. So, if you decide to stay there, request a renovated room.

BTW, the Blue Crab restaurant within the Coast Harbourside is excellent.

Victoria BC
reviews: 13
2. Re: Royal Scot or Coast Harborside

Neither are particularly special but both would do. Both are downtown so for 1 night its hit or miss. You could try a B&B? www.bestinnsofvictoria.com lists a bunch - some take families and are friendly places to stay

Fremont, CA
reviews: 2
3. Re: Royal Scot or Coast Harborside

I stayed at Royal Scot in October after being really disgusted at another hotel. I absolutely loved it. The service was impecca ble, the suites were very large and well furnished, great kitchen with everything and we had a big porch. It was very reasonable but hat was October. Great pool and jacuzzi, game room, nice restaurant, little store to pick up goodies, overall a wonderful experience. Also, a van that will take you anywhere within a couple miles which saves on cabs. I can't wait to go back and stay there. Also, easy walking distance to harbor. I think it is is 4 stories and has a couple buildings that are annexed. i don't think you can go wrong there. Immaculate and friendly people. Very family oriented it seemed.

Fremont, CA
reviews: 2
4. Re: Royal Scot or Coast Harborside

I didnt notice you were only going to be there one night. I think if I only had one night I would stay at the Empress because it sort of IS Victoria and the rooms facing the harbor have such great views. Also it is in the center of everything. It is the center, actually.