We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Priceline

Which Vancouver hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boca Raton, Florida
reviews: 28
Priceline

I have seen people mention that they used priceline to get hotels so I am now considering that option but have a few questions. First, what is an average price to list? A couple of people said they got hotels by listing a number between 65 and 69 while others said 40 and one person said 35. What is the lowest you would put for a four star and has anyone every stayed at an awful hotel that they got through priceline? Also, I noticed that priceline's website said some hotels charge additonal fees but I was under the impression that you prepay all fee through priceline. Am I wrong or does the price you pay priceline not include taxes and occupancy rates?

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
reviews: 83
11. Re: Priceline

Hi, hang in there. I just got the Marriott Rennaisance hotel in downtown Vancouver, right on the water for $38 for wed nite. First go to expedia.com or some site like that to see if there are rooms at the hotels I sent you on the dates you want. I would try to bid a little closer to when you want them. It does work, there are some tricks, too detailed to outline here but write me and I'll try to find them in my notes and e mail them to you. seattletourguy@yahoo.com

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
12. Re: Priceline

ok, here is the article. In a nutshell one trick mentioned is to pretend to check each zone keeping track of which zone has which star level hotels. In Vancouver for example Delta and Langley had no 4 star or higher hotels. When my first bid was rejected I added $1 and added Delta. When that failed I added Langley and added $1more than previous. I ended up getting downtown Vancouver since there are no 3 or 4 stars in the other zones. This allowed me to bid 4 times in 10 minutes. I know its a pain but well worth it. here is the link:

…about.com/cs/auctions/a/addict_price.htm

Boca Raton, Florida
13. Re: Priceline

I got the renaissance for 47 and am wondering if I bid too much? 35 and 40 didn't get me anything but would I have had better luck if I waited since my reservation isn't until the second week in April?

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
14. Re: Priceline

congratulations! $47 is a great buy for that location. Its two blocks from the cruise ship terminal and an easy walk to the Sea wall at Coal Harbour which lets you stroll right into Stanley Park. When you get there request a higher floor room on the water side. The regular rates are well over $100 so you are still saving a bunch over normal discount rates. I think you did great.

Boca Raton, Florida
15. Re: Priceline

David, thanks for all of your help. I never even considered priceline until I read your posts. I only wish that I had gotten a room in the 30s like you did.