We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family of 4 w/ 2 4-year old, 7 days in Seattle/Vancouve area

Which Vancouver hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
CA
reviews: 1
Family of 4 w/ 2 4-year old, 7 days in Seattle/Vancouve area

Hello, we just booked flight to Seattle at the end of August. We have two 4-year old boys. We will stay in the area for 7 days, thinking about both Seattle and Vancouver. What will be a logical route and sites to see with these pre-schools? Thinking about renting a car and plan to drive to Vancouver, is border-crossing very very bad? How long will it normally take to drive from Seattle to Vancouver? First time in this area. Will I be able to get car seats from the car rental? Thanks a lot.

Calgary, Alberta...
reviews: 3
1. Re: Family of 4 w/ 2 4-year old, 7 days in Seattle/Vancouve area

>>>>>>What will be a logical route and sites to see with these pre-schools?<<<<<<

These suggestions pertain to Vancouver:

* Stanley Park

* Vancouver Aquarium (located in Stanley Park)

* Miniature Train (in Stanley Park)

* Children's Farmyard (in Stanley Park)

* Kitsilano Pool and Beach

* Granville Island Market

* Science World

* Lynn Canyon Suspension Bridge (in North Vancouver, across Burrard Inlet from downtown)

More ideas at the Find Family Fun website (written by a real-life Vancouver family with kids):

www.findfamilyfun.com

>>>>>>is border-crossing very very bad?<<<<<<

The commonly used border crossing involve about an hour's wait.

Suggest you read davidmg's excellent "Inside Page," in which he describes how to get from Seattle to Vancouver: David suggests an alternative border crossing that typically takes 10 minutes instead of 60 minutes. It involves a longer drive, but David describes that drive as interesting. He says it's a good trade off.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g60878-c2598/Seattle:…

>>>>>>How long will it normally take to drive from Seattle to Vancouver?<<<<<<

About 2.5 hours of driving time, but the border crossing may increase that to 3.5 hours.

>>>>>>Will I be able to get car seats from the car rental? Thanks a lot.<<<<<<

Yes.

There are more ideas about Vancouver on this page of my website. That page is useful not only because of my own ideas that I've shared there but also because of the links to the wonderful websites that Vancouverites have created about their city:

…msn.com/CalgaryandCanadianRockiesTravelTips…

The TIPS section of my website also has information about weather, what to pack, Canadian money and other practical topics.

Hope that helps.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
reviews: 83
2. Re: Family of 4 w/ 2 4-year old, 7 days in Seattle/Vancouve area

thanks Judy you beat me to the punch. I'm in Calgary tomorrow for a Glacier trip. Thanks for the info it worked out great.

canada
reviews: 1
3. Re: Family of 4 w/ 2 4-year old, 7 days in Seattle/Vancouve area

Richmond Night Market

Playland/PNE

English Bay

Stanley Park

Downtown Robson area, shopping

Whistler

Capilano Suspension Bridge

4. Re: Family of 4 w/ 2 4-year old, 7 days in Seattle/Vancouve area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 am, August 14, 2009