We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Five hours in Vancouver, BC, Canada

Which Vancouver hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle, Washington
reviews: 1
Five hours in Vancouver, BC, Canada

Hello:

I have five hours between flights in Vancouver, Canada. Is the downtown area accessible by subway/metro? How long does it take and how much is the fare? Thanks.

Amal

7 replies to this topic
Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
reviews: 70
1. Re: Five hours in Vancouver, BC, Canada

Yes, 26 minutes direct from airport Canada Line rapid transit. Will cost approx $9 into town and $4 back to airport as there's an airport surcharge. Check top questions on the right for complete info

Penticton, Canada
reviews: 5
2. Re: Five hours in Vancouver, BC, Canada

from you plane arrival at least 30min or longer since you have to go thru customs

15 min walk to get to the station

30 min to get downtown

1 hr downtown

30 min to get back

15 min to get to security

15 min to get to your gate

1 hrs recommended to be at the airport. in case something gets delayed.

I would get the airlines app to find out up to date info of my flight

or

YVR has free wifi and lots of places where you can get a beer.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
reviews: 39
3. Re: Five hours in Vancouver, BC, Canada

Depends on what other planes are arriving at the same time, so it could take up 30-60 min to come through Canadian Customs. Then, depending on whether you are travelling internationally or domestically, you will have to exit the country and go through security for the former (2-3 hours, depending) but just do security for the latter (1 hour, maybe less).

You can see how many flights are arriving or departing at the same time as you on the YVR website to figure out how busy customs and security will be. Just watch the code sharing and don't double the flights. Just focus in the gates being used.

www.yvr.ca

Rockies BC
reviews: 5
4. Re: Five hours in Vancouver, BC, Canada

With all due respect to Mufti, 1 hr for security alone (flying within Canada) might not be enough - I have come close to missing flights otu of YVR by allowing myself only 1 hr to get through security, I usually give it 1-1/2 hrs now.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
5. Re: Five hours in Vancouver, BC, Canada

Good point East.

Frostproof, Florida
6. Re: Five hours in Vancouver, BC, Canada

We (5 Adults) will be staying at the Super 8 Hotel(Near Vancouver Airport) next June. What is an economical way to transport 5 of us to the Cruise Ship Port the next afternoon?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
7. Re: Five hours in Vancouver, BC, Canada

Hi Bob,

A mini van taxi for 5 would cost you about $35 for a 35 min ride downtown. Or you could get the hotel shuttle to drop you at Bridgeport Station where you could take the Canada Line for 26 minutes right to Waterfront Station, for $4 per adult on week days, until 6h30 pm and $2.75 per adult on weekends. Then walk 300 metres to Canada Place to check in for your cruise.

Bob, generally it is both not good form and not to your advantage to tag on to a thread already underway for another poster. Click on the orange "Ask a question" button on the main page of threads to post your own question and start a new thread.

Edited: 5:38 pm, November 22, 2013
Reply to: Five hours in Vancouver, BC, Canada
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted