We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bard on the Beach food options

Which Vancouver hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Thousand Oaks...
reviews: 39
Bard on the Beach food options

We are attending the 12th night performance on July 4. Have never been here and was wondering about the picnic/food situation. Is there a place close by that you would recommend for picnic items? Wine? Or just a restaurant beforehand? Thanks so much.

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 42
1. Re: Bard on the Beach food options

There are a few very casual, take-away types of places a few blocks away at Cornwall and Cypress.

http://goo.gl/maps/ubG9o

If you go a few blocks further west, along Cornwall (or walk along the waterfront footpath to Kits Beach from Vanier Park) there's a Boathouse restaurant at Kits Beach and a few more sit down places on Yew Street.

Note that you are welcome to bring your own picnic into the BoB grounds and eat on the grass there.

Thousand Oaks...
2. Re: Bard on the Beach food options

Thanks for the information. Thinking of Rocky Mountain Flatbread to go. Do you happen to know if they allow you to bring wine onto the grounds?

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 20
3. Re: Bard on the Beach food options

I don't think so. They have a concession that sells wine and beer, so I doubt they would look kindly upon people bringing in their own alcohol. They may be that way about food, as well. (Whenever we go to Bard, we have a picnic dinner in Vanier Park and then enter the grounds.)

Ah, from the horse's mouth: "Outside alcohol is prohibited on site." www.bardonthebeach.org/on-site-services Doesn't say anything about food.

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
reviews: 99
4. Re: Bard on the Beach food options

Granville Island is a short walk away for picnic supplies. You can be certain the discreet enjoy a wine with their picnic although booze in public is unlawful.

Thousand Oaks...
5. Re: Bard on the Beach food options

Thank for all your help. We will be going to Granville Island for farmers market that am so will pick up some snacks there. Good to know that they have concessions there for libations. It's been years since I have watched the Bard's work without a glass of wine as we have a resident Shakespeare (outdoor) company at home each summer. So looking forward to this one.

6. Re: Bard on the Beach food options

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:35 pm, May 27, 2013
Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 20
7. Re: Bard on the Beach food options

Enjoy yourself, berniez! Bard on the Beach is great - I'm sure you'll enjoy it (and they have much, much better seating than they used to!). I'll be there in a couple of weeks myself . . . .

8. Re: Bard on the Beach food options

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, May 29, 2014