We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vancouver trip report

Which Vancouver hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new york
reviews: 605
Vancouver trip report

We arrived by train around noon yesterday. Disembarking was a production but customs was swift.No cabs for the long line so we walked a bit and found our own. Got to our hotel, the Loden, on Melville between Bute and Thurlow. Had we known, Thurlow and Georgia is a mecca for food trucks for lunch!! and Bute and Melville, has some casual eateries. The hotel is great. Staff great. Many, Many nice touches. We took a nice ferry ride to Lonsdale quay-which is merely a mall. But views of mountains and water and boats abound!!! We walked thru Gastown on Water St. very chic -may do again.

Today our fabulous hotel has a free London cab which took us to the ferry dock for Granville Island. a must. It was a beautiful day and the public market has high quality crafts and food! fun for lunch outdoors. Then we opted to walk over the seawall to see the Totem poles in Stanley Park. What a beautiful walk.

Tonight we may try a night market tomorrow night maybe the hot Indian restaurant. and maybe two museums.

An aside I was last here for about 30 hours 30 years ago and all I remember are the totem poles and th bridges restaurant which I enjoyed then and is still here.

Niagara Falls...
reviews: 96
1. Re: Vancouver trip report

It sounds like you are having a great trip so far. You should visit the gardens at Queen Elizabeth Park and Vandusen Gardens. Also, for a great North Vancouver outdoor experience, check out Grouse Mountain, Capilano Suspension Bridge, and Lynn Canyon.

new york
reviews: 605
2. Re: Vancouver trip report

We did more today our last day in town. Took o by foot or the art gallery (museum) where I quite enjoyed the otel exhibit. Went to see the interstingly-designed public library. Headed for a bit on outskirts of Gastown at Fresh Bowl (salad and Asian bowl dishes-quite nice) in between Bread and Meat and Baker and Chef - more crwded spots. Visited the concept store Secret Locaiton on Water St. Then we interruptd our walking to take a cab to the Roedde ouse. just ok. Kept walking to the Round House (recommend-old train) and to Yaletown. They an aquabus to Granville Island again and walked up to Rangoli for dinner. Bussed home. Proud of myself when I can figure out public transit

A lovely dayPays to be flexible with plans. It rained while we were in the museum but brightened beautifully after. Grab the good weather wen you can.

Our bible was the Frommer Guide Vancouver day by day and a good map

Nanaimo, Canada
reviews: 25
3. Re: Vancouver trip report

That is great! Thanks for taking the time on your holiday to report in to let us know what you are up to. It really helps other travelers as well.

I really enjoy a visit to Granville Island during the spring and summer when in Vancouver as well. Great place to people watch too!

4. Re: Vancouver trip report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, May 28, 2014