We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do around Vancouver for a 15-year-old son

Which Vancouver hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh
reviews: 2
Things to do around Vancouver for a 15-year-old son

I am travelling to Vancouver in the first two weeks of July and should very much appreciate advice on things to do during the day for my 15-year-old son. We will be staying close to Robson and Denman Streets and will be arranging trips to Whistler (by hire car) and Vancouver Island. I already have information about Grouse Mountain and Stanley Park, but need help to fill the fortnight! Thanks.

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
1. Re: Things to do around Vancouver for a 15-year-old son

Renting bicycles to explore the city/kayaking around Bowen Island/learning to windsurf or sail @ Jericho Sailing Centre

http://www.jsca.bc.ca/

Coquitlam, BC...
reviews: 5
2. Re: Things to do around Vancouver for a 15-year-old son

Go to a soccer game (or football, as you may call it) Here's the site for our local soccer club - the Vancouver Whitecaps! Go Caps!

http://www.whitecapsfc.com/

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 17
3. Re: Things to do around Vancouver for a 15-year-old son

hire bikes or blades for stanley park, go to the imax for a 3D film , catch a football/baseball game.

Dependent on your son's interests etc some of the museums might be worth a look... the space museum is fun. Harbour tower has great views.

You could go sailing at jericho beach. There's always something going on at granville isalnd, and english bay during the evening has a good atmosphere. theres loads to do in van, and lots of places to wander around in.

you could investigate golf frisbee... try out near jericho on 4th or at queen eliz park. keep an eye out for people filming movies / tv etc.

you could maybe also take a side trip to seattle... theres the space needle, the experience music project music, a science fiction museum, some great scenery and has links to music scenes dependent on his tastes...

enjoy your trip!