We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 nights of relaxed but exceptional Vancouver accomodations.

Which Vancouver hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh
reviews: 1
2 nights of relaxed but exceptional Vancouver accomodations.

After a week of outdoors activity up north we will be spending 2days / 2 nights in Vancouver before flying home We really want a nice accomodation (money is not the issue) but not stuffy or to business like. Also we will NOT have a car, while in Vancouver.

Is Granville Hotel the answer??? Can we easily access a few of Vancouver's must sees from that location. All suggestions appreciated

1. Re: 2 nights of relaxed but exceptional Vancouver accomodations.

try pan pacific hotel (604-682-1111, I think)...It is super luxury

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
reviews: 14
2. Re: 2 nights of relaxed but exceptional Vancouver accomodations.

The Pan Pacific's a huge convention centre hotel, so you certainly won't get stuffiness there, but, personally, I think there are better hotels with more personality.

If you want modern, funky and fun, the Opus is rather trendy. However, the rooms are somewhat small for the price.

As for Granville Island, you can certainly see all the must-sees from there, but it requires an extra step. Granville Island's located on the south shore of False Creek, whereas most of the must-see attractions are located on the other side of False Creek, downtown. However, Granville Island's technically not an island, but a peninsula, so you can walk on and off Granville Island or take a bus or cab over the bridge to get into downtown. Granville Island has these little passenger water taxis called the False Creek Ferries and the Aquabus (two separate companies offering essentially the same service). You pay about $2-$3, and they take you across False Creek to Yaletown, the downtown seawall, Kitsilano, etc. If you enjoy walking, I'd recommend it. The only problem is that all the Granville Island shops close at night, leaving only the restaurants and theatres open. If you had intentions on strolling around downtown Vancouver and then walking back to your hotel later in the evening, Granville Island would require a taxi back... but it would be no more than $12, I'd imagine. Probably much less. Granville Island and downtown are only separated by a bridge.

Other than that, Robson Street and Yaletown are the two areas that remain lively in the evening... so if that's something you're interested in, I'd look at hotels in those areas of downtown. Otherwise, the hotel on Granville Island would be a good choice.

North Vancouver...
reviews: 27
3. Re: 2 nights of relaxed but exceptional Vancouver accomodations.

Try the sutton place hotel (604 682 5511), not stuffy, beautiful and great service. on the corners of burrard and robson streets, good for walking to Stanley park, etc.

the opus hotel-604 642 6787, in Yaletown. another beauty.

Tucson, AZ
reviews: 5
4. Re: 2 nights of relaxed but exceptional Vancouver accomodations.

The Wedgewood is also centrally located and definitely not too corporate/business-like. It is a posh boutique hotel but not stuffy. Some friends stayed there for their wedding anniversary and loved it. They got a package that included dinner and breakfast. Check out its reviews under hotels.

Vancouver
reviews: 3
5. Re: 2 nights of relaxed but exceptional Vancouver accomodations.

While the Granville Island hotel and Granville Island itself are great, without a car I would stay at one of the other hotels mentioned, Wedgewood, Sutton, both located downtown, or the funky Opus which is located in Yaletown. They would all be more convenient, i.e. less walking, taxi rides, transit, something to consider, especially with the rain Vancouver sometimes experiences in the spring.