We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vancouver to Squamish boat/train day trip

Which Vancouver hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
reviews: 5
Vancouver to Squamish boat/train day trip

Have searched the web for details on day trip on MV Britannia and return on Royal Hudson train in July 2006. No luck. Can anyone please help?

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
1. Re: Vancouver to Squamish boat/train day trip

That was discontinued years ago.

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 61
2. Re: Vancouver to Squamish boat/train day trip

There was an article in last weekends Vancouver Sun, in which it said the refurbishment of the Royal Hudson is almost complete. The train is expected to be running again by this May.

I don't recall there being any mention of the MV Britannia.

UK
reviews: 5
3. Re: Vancouver to Squamish boat/train day trip

Thanx for info, will keep an eye on paper!

North Vancouver...
reviews: 2
4. Re: Vancouver to Squamish boat/train day trip

The new train is called the Whistler Mountaineer and is set to start in May 2006, a 3-hour trip departing from North Vancouver. It will be run by the same company that does the Rocky Mountaineer, so I expect it will be very well done.

Blaine
reviews: 20
5. Re: Vancouver to Squamish boat/train day trip

As far as I know, the Royal Hudson train from North Vancouver to Squamish and MV Britannia boat ride return discontinued for at least couple of years.

I took my family on it few years and it was one of the most enjoyable day trip I had.

The service, when it was running, was operated by BC Rail. BC Rail operations has since been sold to the Canadian National Railway.

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
6. Re: Vancouver to Squamish boat/train day trip

Note that the Whistler Mountaineer as mentioned is *not* an excursion train to Squamish.

On the site http://www.whistlermountaineer.com/ there is no mention of a stop in Squamish at all.

However if you do get to Squamish on your own you can visit the mothballed Royal Hudson steam train in the RR Museum/boneyard in outer Squamish.

Anacortes, WA
reviews: 1
7. Re: Vancouver to Squamish boat/train day trip

We have Boston people coming and wanted to take them on the boat train day trip. We went a couple of years ago and it was great fun! Sorry to find it is no longer running. Any other ideas for a nice day excursion with good value and fresh air? Thanks in WA. LM

Salmon Arm, Canada
reviews: 14
8. Re: Vancouver to Squamish boat/train day trip

Anacortes is a lovely area also. How about the ferry from there, that travels over to Victoria for the day?

Anacortes, WA
reviews: 1
9. Re: Vancouver to Squamish boat/train day trip

Thanks, we live in Anacortes, we hopes to go somewhere else! Vic has been done already, We want to go north and see something less touristy.