We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Business Casual"?

Which Vancouver hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Albuquerque, New...
reviews: 16
"Business Casual"?

Hi, all--We have a reservation at a popular Vancouver restaurant (I'll avoid mentioning the name so as not to set off a potential "Foodie Fight"!) that has a "business casual" attire policy. Now, MY understanding of that term is, essentially, "no jeans, please". May I assume the same is true for the Vancouver restaurant scene? Or is it any more (or less) stringent than that?

Many thanks, as always!

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
reviews: 13
1. Re: "Business Casual"?

Yeah, that's pretty much my definition too, although I have a feeling they don't want you wandering in with Nike running shoes either. Or in yoga pants/fitness attire (which many Vancouverites love to wear!)

Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver Island
reviews: 97
2. Re: "Business Casual"?

Any "business casual" things I've been to are typically what you'd wear in an office, but not neccesarily the black suit for men type office.

Calgary, Alberta...
reviews: 3
3. Re: "Business Casual"?

My understanding of business casual is attire that you would wear in a golf club, if you know what I mean.

For a man, this might mean a pair of cotton khaki trousers and a shirt that has a collar (either a shirt made of woven fabric or a polo / golf shirt made of knitted fabric). In other words, no jeans and no T-shirts.

The definition of business casual for women is more difficult to nail down, but again imagine that you're dressing to go to lunch at a golf club and you should be fine.

Albuquerque, New...
reviews: 16
4. Re: "Business Casual"?

Thanks for the advice, folks. I guess I'll have to change out of my *yoga gear* before dinner! :-)

5. Re: "Business Casual"?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 pm, September 02, 2009