We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Laurel Point Inn Inquiry

Which Vancouver hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Belleville, Ontario
Laurel Point Inn Inquiry

My husband and his elderly mother will be visiting Victoria later this week. They have booked a Terrace suite at the Laurel Point Inn. It sounds nice but I'm hesitant because we've been disappointed in hotels before. My husband is particular and since my mother-in-law is 86 this is a very significant trip for her. Will they be happy at the Laurel Point Inn?

Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
reviews: 90
1. Re: Laurel Point Inn Inquiry

Haven't stayed there recently but have always been happy with accomodation and service.. Recent review of suite should reassure you. Probably a good choice especially as very close to harbor, Government Buildings etc.

Comox,British...
Destination Expert
for Victoria
reviews: 103
2. Re: Laurel Point Inn Inquiry

They will be happy at the Laurel Point especially that they have a booked a suite.The standard rooms are so so but the suites are very nice.Hope they have a great trip

Saskatchewan
reviews: 28
3. Re: Laurel Point Inn Inquiry

The location of the Laurel Point is amazing--right on the water. Having said that, I just stayed at the new Marriott and was blown away: that is a terrific hotel with terrific staff. The location in terms of water is not as good as the Laurel Point, but it is steps from Government Street (the main shopping street), which makes it a good location in that regard.

Whistler, Canada
Destination Expert
for Whistler
reviews: 21
4. Re: Laurel Point Inn Inquiry

I stayed a few months ago.. we were in a standard bedroom suite. As far as hotel suites go, it was pretty nice. We were also in the older tower. I believe the Terrace Suites are in the newer tower so it should be nice. The lobby, restaurant and entrance was a bit dissapointing as it seemed very old ... not a match with the new tower. It's a farther walk to the inner harbour - about 15 to 20 minutes.

I also stayed at the Delta last summer for a wedding, again in a standard room. The rooms were just as nice but I found the rest of the hotel more modern. Plus they had the little water taxis in front of the hotel that went right to the inner harbour.

Victoria BC Canada
reviews: 24
5. Re: Laurel Point Inn Inquiry

I'm not sure if you have checked out the website, but here is the link to it -- it has photos of the Terrace Suite under the Guest Room tab:

http://www.laurelpoint.com/

The service at the hotel is excellent and what I like about it is that it is not a "megacomplex". The decor is light woods, glass and white, so it has a very open and spacious feel. I'm not sure what you look for in a hotel room or in a hotel generally, but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the hotel to friends if they didn't mind the $$s.

Vancouver British...
reviews: 35
6. Re: Laurel Point Inn Inquiry

It is a long walk to anywhere but the rooms are upscale holiday inn category. There is little to dislike. The views are gorgeous and the weather usually co-operates.

Vancouver British...
reviews: 35
7. Re: Laurel Point Inn Inquiry

It is a long walk to anywhere but the rooms are upscale holiday inn category. There is little to dislike. The views are gorgeous and the weather usually co-operates.

Seattle
reviews: 1
8. Re: Laurel Point Inn Inquiry

I like to walk so perhaps that's a factor but I was struck when I stayed there in October at how short of a walk it is from the Laurel Point to the Parliament Buildings/Empress (10 minutes if that--I don't think it's much more than a half mile or so), because it has such a wonderful "away from it all" feeling.

However, your 86 year old mother in law may find it to be a long walk.

Durham, NC
reviews: 24
9. Re: Laurel Point Inn Inquiry

^I would agree. I don't believe it is a "long walk" at all. The LPI is a lesiurely stroll to the harbor/Parliament/Empress. Heck, we stayed at the Coast Harbourside which is a few minutes further away and didn't think the walk was bad. But, for an 86-year old, it might be an issue.

10. Re: Laurel Point Inn Inquiry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:21 am, August 26, 2009