We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wedding in Tofino

Which Tofino hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Victoria, Canada
wedding in Tofino

Hi. Me and my fiance absolutely love Tofino, it is our happy place. And for this reason we would like to get married there. I didn't think this would be so difficult, but i want to have a low key, intimate, west coast wedding with close friends and family and I don't want to do it in a big hotel. I would really like to rent a home on the beach, but I am not having any luck on rentals. Can anyone help point me in the right direction on who i can speak to. I have talked with quite a few rental agencies and they say they don't rent for weddings. A few details, would like it Sept 2011 (dates are flexible) and the wedding is going to be for about 40 people.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance!!

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
reviews: 37
1. Re: wedding in Tofino

http://www.tofinochamber.org/

The only thing that comes to mind is contacting the Chamber of Commerce with your request. They might know a business that has a property.

Port McNeill
reviews: 1
2. Re: wedding in Tofino

It's not on the beach but how about The Tofino Botanical Gardens http://www.tbgf.org/ . They have the "Botanical House" for rent with 3 bedrooms plus the field station has 4 private rooms plus dorm rooms to seep up to 32. They have meeting rooms and a cafe that can be rented for events

Victoria, Canada
3. Re: wedding in Tofino

thanks i will give that a try!

Victoria, Canada
4. Re: wedding in Tofino

thank you for your suggestion. I had checked the gardens which are beautiful, but we would really like the house on the beach so we can utilize it without having so much separation.

oh and i should have mentioned in the first msg that i don't need a house to accomodate everyone overnight just for the reception. :)

Tofino, Canada
reviews: 20
5. Re: wedding in Tofino

Hi,

Have you ever considered having your wedding on the water. West Coast Aquatic Safaris has the most incredible 36 passenger catamaran and have done some very cool private charters up into the inlets of Clayoquot sound. Some wedding groups have taken the wedding party for one of their Oyster farm tours which even include a fresh Oyster lunch prepared at the farm on the water by a local chef. Very worth checking out.

Canmore, Alberta
Destination Expert
for Canmore
reviews: 5
6. Re: wedding in Tofino

Have you check on any of the sites like ownerdirect.com or VRBO.com? There are a lot of private homes for rent in Tofino.

7. Re: wedding in Tofino

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:39 am, June 03, 2011