We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Campsites, escursions and jet skiing?

Which Tofino hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 1
Campsites, escursions and jet skiing?

hi there,

I'm plannng on going to Tofino for a camping excusrion with my bf and 2 other friends from july 1-3 2010. I wanted to know if anyone could recommend a good camp site or camp site operator- somewhere that has good facilities, close to the beach and close to tour operators offering hot springs and whale watching tours

on that note, could someone recommend a good tour operator that offers those two tours? preferably one that has an early departure time, has the whale watching and hot spring tour as 1 package, offers it at a good price and does not require all day.

also, does anyone know if you can jet ski in Tofino? i'm assuming because of the whales maybe not?? if you can, can you recommed a rental shop

Thank you!!

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
reviews: 13
1. Re: Campsites, escursions and jet skiing?

I don't think it's so much the whales, but because of the waves and the unpredictable nature of the open ocean against rocky shores.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJyCi89VVnM

Jet skiing is mostly done in sheltered waters on the other side of Vancouver Island, or inland on lakes like around the Okanagan.

For camping, look into Bella Pacifica.

Edited: 6:15 pm, April 19, 2010
Vancouver, Canada
2. Re: Campsites, escursions and jet skiing?

thank you for the info. i will look into it

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Nanaimo, Vancouver Island
reviews: 289
3. Re: Campsites, escursions and jet skiing?

The day jet ski rentals start in Tofino is the day I start driving to Cannon Beach more often :)

Vancouver, Canada
4. Re: Campsites, escursions and jet skiing?

lol

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Nanaimo, Vancouver Island
reviews: 289
5. Re: Campsites, escursions and jet skiing?

Never answered your questions did I?

Bella Pacifica has lots of sites but the last time we stayed there there were a lot of surfers and it was really really LOUD! Ruined the trip for us. Have camped many times there though and the 12 or so waterfront sites can't be beat.

Crystal Cove on the same beach (McKenzie Beach) has lovely sites, though not on the water. Much quieter.

The federal campsite is way out of town. The others you could rent bikes and bike to and from town.

Jamie's Whaling Station offers great tours to both the hot springs and whale watching. There are other operators, such as Seaside Adventures.

Book all this, especially the camping, asap. Will be busy.

Enjoy the trip!

Vancouver, Canada
6. Re: Campsites, escursions and jet skiing?

Thanks a lot BuccaneerDave! I was getting a vibe that P was the campsite to go to. I will definately look into the other places also for whale watching and hot springs!!

7. Re: Campsites, escursions and jet skiing?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:24 am, October 24, 2010