We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 days in PR April 2012

Which Prince Rupert hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
High Wycombe...
reviews: 2
3 days in PR April 2012

I am looking at doing a trip to PR during the Easter weekend in (April) 2012, fyying in from YVR and then taking the Ferry to Port Hardy. Can anyone suggest a short itinerary for a 3 day stay exploring the local wilderness area. Thanks in advance.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
reviews: 54
1. Re: 3 days in PR April 2012

Sorry I can't help you with info on wilderness areas. But I do know you will need rain gear.

www.weatherbase.com/weather/weather.php3…

There is a Cannery museum that is a Nat'l historic site and a First Nations museum in PR.

You may find this website help you with information while you are waiting for responses to your question:

http://www.hellobc.com/prince-rupert.aspx

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
2. Re: 3 days in PR April 2012

Very few visitors @ that time and most tourist focused businesses won't be operating-and as mentioned there's always the weather.

I'd play it by ear/have a few places to call handy and if the weather means you can't get out on the water rent a car and head east/upriver to visit some of the native villages.

Hull
reviews: 2
3. Re: 3 days in PR April 2012

Absolutely not wishing to put you off what is certainly an unusual trip, but you don't say if this is a your sole destination for what is a very long way to go if 3 days is your time in BC.

Obviously you have a limited 'window' but as the DEs indicate, unless you LOVE hiking around very remote locations in poor weather, you'll spend 3 days getting to know the staff in Tim Horton's & Cowpuccino rather well...

Also, there has to be a limit to the times you can visit the Fire House Museum and marvel at the immaculately restored 1925 REO Speedwagon fire truck.

Great hyperlink for the weather Mufti (~) but just so the OP isn't misled, I think the 'Average Daily sunshine hours' should read 'Average MONTHLY sunshine hours'!!

4. Re: 3 days in PR April 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, March 16, 2013