We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Current KVR trail condition from Chute Lake to Penticton

Which Penticton hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Delta, B.C.
Level Contributor
54 posts
30 reviews
Current KVR trail condition from Chute Lake to Penticton

Hoping to cycle from Chute Lake to Penticton on the May long weekend. Can anyone tell me what the current trail condition is? Any time estimates for a couple of 'slow' cyclists to reach Hillside Winery? Appreciate any feedback ... thanks!

3 replies to this topic
Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,518 posts
5 reviews
1. Re: Current KVR trail condition from Chute Lake to Penticton

hi

all I can say is that the KVR at Hillside winery parking lot was busy even at 5pm yesterday when we drove by. You may want to look at doing Naramata to Penticton (Vancouver Hill) if you are slow cyclist (parking at the Art Gallery)

there is lots to see and many stops at wineries available.some are now serving food- the leaves on the vines are just starting to come out and if you are lucky some of the orchards may still have blooms.

Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,518 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Current KVR trail condition from Chute Lake to Penticton

hi again

talked to someone that has gone up to Chute Lake - after the village of Naramata you drive up Naramata Rd; a dirt road that is OK until the turn off to Indian Rock. https://goo.gl/maps/leqdt After the turn off, the chute lake road has never been good and needs a 4X4 most of the year. The same person says that doing the KVR ride from Penticton to Summerland is good and can be done in one day; he is not an avid rider. there is a trellis over the canyon just past the research centre that you walk across. https://goo.gl/maps/0x2ct.

Delta, B.C.
Level Contributor
54 posts
30 reviews
3. Re: Current KVR trail condition from Chute Lake to Penticton

Hi - I should have clarified - we have a shuttle booked to drive us up to Chute Lake, then we will cycle down. Just wondering if anyone knows if the KVR trail itself is in good condition for cycling. Thank you!

Reply to: Current KVR trail condition from Chute Lake to Penticton
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted