We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oxbow campground

Which Penticton hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Surrey, Canada
reviews: 1
Oxbow campground

The absolute worst campground in penticton. The owners are rude and arrogant, treat people like garbage and expect to get paid for it! I sure hope any travellers experiencing penticton for the first time do not make the mistake of staying there. Our family have been camping in penticton for many years and have never had such a terrible time at a campground. Apparently these people don't realize they are in the hospitality industry and could sure use some classes on manners and how to treat people visiting their city. Any campground would have been better than that!

6 replies to this topic
Penticton, Canada
reviews: 5
1. Re: Oxbow campground

hi

Welcome to TA forum

since this is your first post on TA just curious when you stayed there? as camping season is not yet started.

Were you tenting or did you have an RV and other than the rude owners did the hook up and facilities actually work?

Did you do any research on this place before you went? if you did, can you provide links you may have looked at that made it sound like it was place to stay.

All these would be helpful for the next person that may think about staying there.

and, I only drive by the place and often wondered what it was like.

Edited: 5:22 pm, April 14, 2014
Saskatoon, Canada
reviews: 4
2. Re: Oxbow campground

My husband and I stayed there 4 years ago with the same owners. Very beautiful and clean campground, but horrible treatment by the male owner. My husband and I are very responsible people and also like to stay at well-kept places, but this guy was totally unreal. You could not do anything without him coming and telling you you can't do this. Example. We were packing our stuff to leave, so we backed up the car to pack it up and were told immediately to move the car ASAP. It was on the gravel, so I don't know what his problem was. Jus a power trip. No consideration at all for customers. It was run like a boot camp, and he was the warden. Would never go back, Ever!

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
reviews: 54
3. Re: Oxbow campground

Oh dear, two "one and only post" posters coming on magically within 10 hours of each other to post similar comments. Credibility of comments ==> close to zero.

On this website, two magic posts like this raise flags. One flag is this could be the competition joining in on a negative comment campaign against the other company.

Users need to build a posting history before such comments as these can be taken as trustworthy or believable.

Edmonton
reviews: 12
4. Re: Oxbow campground

hi, I know exactly what the poster is talking about. Oxbow campground is a nice facility, however, the owners need lessons in hospitality. I had problems with the male owner while camping with my 2 teen boys a few years ago. If I could have changed campgrounds at the time, I certainly would have. I wont go into details because I have posted a review outlining the issues in the past. ( and I have a broken right hand and arm right now so hinders typing) Just want to say I agree that there are problems with the management of this business and I will never stay again. I am heading to Penticton again this month and happily stay elsewhere.Oh Im a trustworthy poster but I do not post as often as some.

Penticton, Canada
reviews: 5
5. Re: Oxbow campground

hi

this could be a redundant thread soon. I saw the property listed for sale when I drove by and confirmed it when I found a listing online..

Edited: 4:04 pm, July 08, 2014
Blind Bay, BC
reviews: 6
6. Re: Oxbow campground

Always love this site for honest opinions no matter where I RV..

rvparkreviews.com/regions/…Penticton.html

Reply to: Oxbow campground
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Penticton