We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help me create a picnic, please!

Which Penticton hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Surrey, Canada
reviews: 14
Help me create a picnic, please!

Hubby & I will be visiting at the end for 4 days at the end of May.

What foods & beverages would you put in you picnic basket?

Thinking this would be a good idea for our drive home or after a tour around Skaha Lake.

I've already got Walla Bakery on my to-do list.

9 replies to this topic
Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
reviews: 109
1. Re: Help me create a picnic, please!

How about taking a picnic to a winery? I stopped in Okanagan Falls at the market for bread, meat etc., went to http://www.sylranch.com/, bought wine after a tasting and enjoyed a lunch and the view over Skaha and Okanagan Lake from their picnic area. Gorgeous.

Edited: 1:08 pm, March 01, 2014
Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 42
2. Re: Help me create a picnic, please!

This is more of a travel site than a dining site. There are some other great websites for this sort of information - Google is your friend.

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 52
3. Re: Help me create a picnic, please!

Wouldn't you just put the ffoods / drinks that you want to eat / drink in your basket? Why ask us?

Blind Bay, BC
reviews: 5
4. Re: Help me create a picnic, please!

I think she's asking if anybody has a favorite deli or bakery in and around Penticton area, that she could visit and make for a nice picnic lunch. I know of one in Kelowna but that won't help her. : (

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
reviews: 109
5. Re: Help me create a picnic, please!

The market/deli in Okanagan Falls fits. If she decides to picnic at a winery, she should check ahead that they permit BYO food as some have restaurants.

Surrey, Canada
6. Re: Help me create a picnic, please!

~ if anybody has a favorite deli or bakery in and around Penticton area, that she could visit and make for a nice picnic lunch.~

Yes! you read my mind!

Trying not to end up in a Safeway or IGA getting the same old usual items for a picnic.

Blind Bay, BC
7. Re: Help me create a picnic, please!

Found this deli that has FAB reviews :

tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

Here's another that looks good :

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g154937-d2…

I'm sure there's a few more, just browse the restaurant tab at the top of the page.

Penticton, Canada
8. Re: Help me create a picnic, please!

HI

Il Vechio is the best deal in town on sandwiches; you get to pick whatever 3 or 4 meats and cheese from the deli counter. comes with assortment of vegetables on a fresh Kaiser bun that gets wrapped in brown butcher paper.

you need to get there before the noon rush that starts at 11:45.because there is no premade sandwiches. It is behind the Greyhound station.

for red wine; the Visitor Centre has most of the VQA wines from the local wineries so you do not have to drive around. it is located at the north entrance to Penticton.

http://tinyurl.com/o9ybhq4

if you want cool white wine there are a few cold wine-beer stores in the same area as the deli.

Surrey, Canada
9. Re: Help me create a picnic, please!

Excellent, thank you!

Reply to: Help me create a picnic, please!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Penticton