We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camping in Penticton, BC

Which Penticton hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Langley, BC
3 posts
Camping in Penticton, BC

Anyone know of a good campground in Penticton area? Wanting to camp mid July 2011. Would prefer provincial as the sites are larger than private.

37 replies to this topic
Victoria, BC Canada
Destination Expert
for Victoria
Level Contributor
1,108 posts
13 reviews
1. Re: Camping in Penticton, BC

Try the discover camping website.

Langley, BC
3 posts
2. Re: Camping in Penticton, BC

thanks. Do you know which is better Okanagan North or South?

Sechelt, BC
Level Contributor
701 posts
46 reviews
3. Re: Camping in Penticton, BC

The North is better. The sites are more private. The campground is tiered with sites only on one side of the road - increasing privacy. Most sites have a view of the water.

The South sites are close together and somtimes feel like you are sharing a site with your neighbor.

Sites are hard to reserve. Be prepared to reserve a site exactly 3 months in advance (of your first night) at 7am.

www.discovercamping. ca allows you to click on a site and shows you a description (including privacy and size) and picture of the site. Site suitability will also depend on what you are using for camping - i.e. camper, tent, etc.

Langley, BC
3 posts
4. Re: Camping in Penticton, BC

thanks that was very helpful :)

Penticton, BC
Level Contributor
527 posts
32 reviews
5. Re: Camping in Penticton, BC

ahh I disagree. I like South better. It depends what you want. North is on levels. South is one whole level. South you can have sites right on the lake. North you can't. South has a playground and large green playing area.

Do you want provincial? What time of year? I can tell you all of the best camping areas in the South OKanagan but I need to know what you are looking for. I camp from March-Oct every year and I live in Penticton. Feel free to message me or reply on this thread.

Summerland, Canada
Level Contributor
444 posts
34 reviews
6. Re: Camping in Penticton, BC

Another vote for South.....

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
93 posts
71 reviews
7. Re: Camping in Penticton, BC

We really enjoyed the North Campsite, I think it really depends what you are wanting - flat and with other people & lake closer (south) or a bit more privacy, views and a greener site (North). We camped at the north site with our then 6yr old and had a fabulous time

Sherwood Park...
1 post
1 review
8. Re: Camping in Penticton, BC

Last year the north campsite had a problem with 'rodent's...there were tons of mice...not sure about this year but be prepared!

Edmonton, Canada
1 post
9. Re: Camping in Penticton, BC

Hi there....It's 2012 April 26 today and I have been trying to find a campsite in the Okanagan for this July 23rd for 4 nights. Everything is booked on the discover camping website and I'm not getting any call backs at the 2 private sights I called...any suggestions?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
10. Re: Camping in Penticton, BC

Will you consider camping outside the Okanagan Valley?

There is a very nice campsite on a Conkle Lake. It is only 34 campsites, but they are spacious and well maintained. No reservations, first come first served. We stayed there in 2009 for the busiest weekend of the year and the place was half empty. The lake is small but very beautiful with a nice sandy beach. The water will be warm enough for swimming in July.

But it is hard to get there. You need to take a forest road that takes off Hwy 3 and drive uphill for about 25 km, that will take about an hour. And it is not accessible by the RV.

But the place itself is very nice.

Reply to: Camping in Penticton, BC
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted